X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Awesome! Put me down for a dozen!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• 60'schild
      Silver Haired Silver Ager
      • Mar 27, 2009

My superheroes are going to get super posed with that additional articulation!!

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZICA
        I received the tooling sample for the body and thought I would post an update pic. The sample is actually 5% larger than it should be but this is to account for shrink that will happen on the production pieces. However, through the magic of Photoshop I reduced it to the correct scale to get a better idea of how it compares to an original MEGO body. Unfortunately the joints are very loose and the body can't be posed in different positions. The factory assured me that the joints on the production pieces will be tight.

Have you checked whether Mego hands will fit the new body?
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The more I look at it, the more I think the hands need to be rethought. Even clothed they look like they will be out of proportion to the rest of the figure.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• DocDrako
            Formerly Doc Drako
            • Nov 11, 2004

It would be nice to be able to put Mego, EMCE, or Cast-A-Way hands on them. I would use these hands for some of my customs but I'd like smaller hands to be usable too. I agree that they seem a bit large. Very GI Joe-like. Now there's a good idea...8" GI Joe Adventure Team figures.

I can't wait for these Buck Rogers figures. Especially Hawk. Oh, will the heads be rotocast? Will they be like Mego heads and have a neckplug? Will they be interchangeable with Mego, EMCE, and Cast-A-Way? Will Hawk join Buck and the crew of the Searcher in their quest?

Last edited by DocDrako; Jul 15, '09, 4:34 AM.
            "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Quick....before it's too Late, send them some Mego or LJN Hands for samples!
              Last edited by The Bat; Jul 15, '09, 5:04 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Meule
                Have you checked whether Mego hands will fit the new body?
                There's no way to test that without having an actual production body but I'll definitely check into it.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                The more I look at it, the more I think the hands need to be rethought. Even clothed they look like they will be out of proportion to the rest of the figure.
                That's already being addressed and the hands will be smaller on the production bodies.

Originally posted by DocDrako
                It would be nice to be able to put Mego, EMCE, or Cast-A-Way hands on them. I would use these hands for some of my customs but I'd like smaller hands to be usable too. I agree that they seem a bit large. Very GI Joe-like. Now there's a good idea...8" GI Joe Adventure Team figures.

I can't wait for these Buck Rogers figures. Especially Hawk. Oh, will the heads be rotocast? Will they be like Mego heads and have a neckplug? Will they be interchangeable with Mego, EMCE, and Cast-A-Way? Will Hawk join Buck and the crew of the Searcher in their quest?

I'll do my best to see that a MEGO style hand can work with the body. I know it's important to a lot of you and I'm listening.

The heads will be rotocast and have a neck plug design just like a MEGO head. I can't say with absolute certainty that every MEGO style head from the various companies will be compatible with the new body but I feel like most will work.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Hand Fix

Here is a Photoshopped comparison shot of the body with smaller hands. Let me know if you think they've been scaled down too much, too little, or they're good to go.

Comment

• 60'schild
                    • Mar 27, 2009

Looks perfect (to me at least!)

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Looks good to me.

Are these bodies going to be resin or PVC plastic?
                      JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        Looks good to me.

Are these bodies going to be resin or PVC plastic?
                        The bodies will be plastic and the hands will be made of a flexible material.

Comment

• 60'schild
                          • Mar 27, 2009

You think the arms on the REVISED pic are too long??? Maybe on the original and then just a little, but I think the revised one is fine.

Comment

• Jerry68
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 12, 2008

My arms come to roughly the same location as the scaled down version. If anything the crotch may be a little short. I think the body looks fine now. My opinion.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Captain
                              Fighting the good fight!
                              • Jun 17, 2001

I like it as is, with the scaled down hands that is. I can see the added articulation points a little easier in this pic too. these are going to be awesome!!!
                              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Looks great.
                                Those hands will be very functional for gripping weapons.
                                An improvement!!

My hands reach to the same extent as this figure.
                                So unless I'm abnormally close to our simian brothers, the length of the arm seems A-OK!
                                Last edited by Gorn Captain; Jul 15, '09, 1:33 PM.
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎