X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60'schild
    Silver Haired Silver Ager
    • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
    I love it! The compatible neck hole with Megos is going to make this body very popular with customizers. Can't wait to order a case!
    Ditto. If it looks as nice in real life (and is as durable and flexible as I hope), I'll be buying by the case too.

Since no one else has said it yet ...

The TYPE "Z" body" (Z for Zicatoys) is born!!!

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by swoyerjay
      shee--oooot!!! thats a fine lookin' body!! can the hands be swapped with other mego style hands?
      At this point I honesty don't know if the hands can be swapped out with other MEGO style hands. If not, there's always the possibility of me doing MEGO style hands that will work if it seems like the demand is there.

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
        Since no one else has said it yet ...

The TYPE "Z" body" (Z for Zicatoys) is born!!!

Funny you should call it that because it's actually the name I was considering calling it when I got the idea to make a new body. Works for me!

Comment

• 60'schild
          • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
          Funny you should call it that because it's actually the name I was considering calling it when I got the idea to make a new body. Works for me!
          I'll take my royalty check in merchandise...

OF COURSE they are the Type Z body!! What else could they be!!

Comment

• Tothiro
            Kitten Mittens
            • Aug 28, 2008

It looks really interesting, I like it.
            It's a shame if the wrist articulation isn't compatible to swap out 1:1 for vintage mego, DM, CTVT, etc parts. I suppose forearms could be swapped at the elbow... but if someone wanted to update a Lizard for articulation or something it would be easier if they swapped.
            I think it's kind of neat that it's a scaled down GI Joe remold... it seems to use the forearms, hands, chest and pelvis of one of the joe bodies.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Ladies and Gentlemen...We truly live in a new Golden Age of 8" Megooey goodness. I am starting to tear up a bit here...sniff!!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

Thats a Great looking Body. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on The Buck Rogers figures. Just Fantastic
                Sammy

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Tothiro
                  It looks really interesting, I like it.
                  It's a shame if the wrist articulation isn't compatible to swap out 1:1 for vintage mego, DM, CTVT, etc parts. I suppose forearms could be swapped at the elbow... but if someone wanted to update a Lizard for articulation or something it would be easier if they swapped.
                  I think it's kind of neat that it's a scaled down GI Joe remold... it seems to use the forearms, hands, chest and pelvis of one of the joe bodies.
                  If somebody can post a pic of a vintage MEGO hand with the post still attached it might give me a better idea as to whether or not it's possible to swap out.

You're right, it's basically a scaled down Joe body but with some fairly significant modifications.

Comment

• 60'schild
                    • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                    You're right, it's basically a scaled down Joe body but with some fairly significant modifications.
                    Significent enough I'm sure, to guarantee that you won't be getting any knocks on your door from Hasbro's legal department..

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Come on... we have all seen Gil Gerard in spandex... and I don't remember him being *that* buff. But don't worry... easy to cover up underneath the optional "70's chest hair" attachment...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillybl...7602018647030/

In all serious... your "Type Z Body" (TM) looks fantastic. I can't wait for these figures to come out!

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
                        Significent enough I'm sure, to guarantee that you won't be getting any knocks on your door from Hasbro's legal department..
                        I think I'm safe.

Originally posted by sprytel
                        Come on... we have all seen Gil Gerard in spandex... and I don't remember him being *that* buff. But don't worry... easy to cover up underneath the optional "70's chest hair" attachment...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillybl...7602018647030/

In all serious... your "Type Z Body" (TM) looks fantastic. I can't wait for these figures to come out!
                        Thanks!

Yeah, the body is definitely on the buff side for some characters but that optional "70's chest hair attachment sounds like a good idea.

Comment

• raider5gt
                          Museum Tree Cutter
                          • Nov 25, 2007

Just wanted to say i am looking forward to this line of figures also,your going to make alot of people very happy.

Wish you all the best in this venture and hope there is more to come?

Battle of the Planets maybe?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

The Type "Z" body? I like that! It's got a certain 'zip' to it!

The flexibility I was referring to was the flexibility of the joints.

Will they stand up to the inevitable wear and tear that these figures will be put through, especially if they are given to little kids for Christmas presents?

Will the shoulder joints rotate easily, and the hips?

As to Gil Gerard not being that buff; he was more buff then than he is now. The poor guy has been through hell recently because of his weight gain.

When are you going to have teaser pics of the heads?
                            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Demand will be huge for the bodies from just the customizers here. Great work, and can't wait to see the gal.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Ok...I assume you're looking for total honesty & feedback here right?

Over all...I like it!! I hate the Hands though...they remind me too much of Playmates 9" Star Trek Figures. The Biceps look good...but I wish the Shoulders were a bit bigger.

But FANTASTIC Work my Brother! My Hat's off to you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎