Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other forums would you like to see?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hulk
    We could call it "The Shoe Department". They'd be sure to find it that way. :lildevil:

PS - Expanding our knowledge of other Mego toys wouldn't be a terrible thing, although I fear the Cher crowd. They might run us off in a matter of days. The real problem would be obtaining the subject matter experts that could answer all the questions that we would inevitably get by encouraging discussion of things most of us thankfully know little about.
    sigpic

Comment

• kresge1
      Museum_Bozo
      • Jun 20, 2001

I say we add a flavored teabag forum for
      Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I may be the only one but I think we should have something for the new members. Give them a section where they introduce themselves and maybe a Q&A section so we don't get so many new members asking the same questions in all the other forums.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Coming late to the discussion, but I feel there are TOO MANY forums right now. I'd prefer adjusting some of the ones we have rather than adding. I generally came here for Mego but stayed when I found a bunch of people with whom to share my other 70's obsessions- superheroes, toys and TV!

I've found I don't even have time to stop by some of the other forums like packaging. That one in particular seems like most of its posts could go to fact or customs.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

How about a recipe forum? I'm still waiting for Merlyn's pepperoni soup recipe!!
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MegoGeek
              From The Black Lagoon
              • Jun 27, 2001

My suggestions.

We already have the "Mego-Like" forum so I would prune "Relica Chat" and merge the "Packaging" forum into "Mego Fact".

As far as any other boards new non-mego/non-toy related boards i.e. Dr Who, I feel they are unnecessary, we have the "General Buzz" forum which is perfect for members who may have gotten out of Megos for one reason or another but still enjoy the community aspect of the board.
              ______
              ChArLiE

Comment

• MegoGeek
                From The Black Lagoon
                • Jun 27, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                I may be the only one but I think we should have something for the new members. Give them a section where they introduce themselves and maybe a Q&A section so we don't get so many new members asking the same questions in all the other forums.
                That would be a PR nightmare, new members don't need to be alienated anymore than they already are around here.

I can just see the comments now...

"I don't know why you are posting this here! It should be posted in the "Newbie Forum".
                ______
                ChArLiE

Comment

• Thundarr
                  Banned
                  • Apr 23, 2007

APES! APES! APES! I think a POTA section is WAAY more than merited. Considering there are some forums here that are...ummm...cough...well...maybe I'd better clam up now.

And yeah...good point about Star Trek. I personally don't LOVE the property, but c'mon..Dr. WHO?? Whats Trek, about a BILLION times more popular? No disrespect to the Who fans, but facts are facts...

Joe

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Thundarr
                    And yeah...good point about Star Trek. I personally don't LOVE the property, but c'mon..Dr. WHO?? Whats Trek, about a BILLION times more popular? No disrespect to the Who fans, but facts are facts...
                    Exactly.

sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                      Stays Crunchy in Milk
                      • Aug 2, 2004

I think Gen Buzz is a good place for talking other toy lines vintage or modern. Gen Buzz covers it all. Pop culture, toys, movies, TV. I agree more is not better.
                      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎