X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
    Here are the head sculpts for the first five figures in wave 1. They're Buck Rogers, Killer Kane, Draconian Guard, Tigerman and Hawk. The heads were sculpted in 1/6 scale but the production heads will be shrunk down to 1/9 scale.

Not familar with the other Characters...but Gil Gerrad is "Dead On"! Heck...he' waaaaaay BETTER than the Mego Sculpt!
    sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Great news. Looking forward to seeing photos of the figures.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• 60'schild
        Silver Haired Silver Ager
        • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by ScottA
        Great news. Looking forward to seeing photos of the figures.
        Yes, after such a flurry of good news, that's the last one left .. promo photos of the complete figures (not counting a look at the new body itself).

Between EMCE, Castaway and now ZICA, we are entering a new Mego Golden Age!!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

If the series is a hit ... and I know it will be, it would be nice to eventually see a Michael Ansara sculpt Killer Kane.
          I think it would go better with characters made for the series like Hawk, etc.

Comment

• 60'schild
            • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by type1kirk
            If the series is a hit ... and I know it will be, it would be nice to eventually see a Michael Ansara sculpt Killer Kane...

And sales would be DOUBLE due to us Trek fans wanting a nice Ansara sculpt for a custom Kang!!

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Corellian Corvette
              Just a curious question - what made you decide to tool up a new body? I'm sure there would have been some cost efficiencies going with the Doc Body or the Castaway body which is actually really good. I'm just more curious from the business perspective - seems like the body would be the most expensive part and I would think purists and the causal customer would be perfectly happy with either of those options – plus you then have access to so many more accessories and guarantee compatibility with the stuff already out there?

I’m not judging – certainly I’m interested in what your new body will look like and I’d guess most people here will judge it on its own merits. But as a kitbasher – making sure that all your accessories are compatible (and vice versa) with the Doc/CTVT/Castaway stuff already out there is going to be pretty important.

Congrats on the license! If the figures are good, you’ll definitely have a customer!
              I realize it would have been a considerable cost reduction had I used existing bodies from one of the two companies you mentioned but that didn't happen for reasons I'd rather not discuss.

The new body I'm having designed should be compatible with most original and custom MEGO parts, including heads. The factory was given an original 8" MEGO figure as a reference for the size of the body, the shape of the feet, and the neck plug design for attaching the heads. Trust me, I'm completely aware of the customizer and kitbasher crowd within the MEGO collecting community and I think they will be happy with the new body.

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
                If the series is a hit ... and I know it will be, it would be nice to eventually see a Michael Ansara sculpt Killer Kane.
                I think it would go better with characters made for the series like Hawk, etc.
                If the series is a hit getting a Michael Ansara sculpt for a second edition Killer Kane is a definite possibility.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

With this news you've made a whole lot of people very happy!!! Thanks for posting this and for answering all the questions that have been asked!

Comment

• 60'schild
                    • Mar 27, 2009

While increasing the cost, I'd imagine (the unique body sculpt) also gives Zica more control not only of raw inventory but also guarentees volume availability if sales really take off (he's not just another wholesale customer of the other two).

Not to mention the promised supposed "improvements" on this new body type ...

(Articulation, no "bands" inside... etc...)

Any plans to ultimately offer more than 1 male body type? Or options such as different/removable hand types etc.....

(as the customizers and kitbashers wait with baited breath!)
                    Last edited by 60'schild; Jul 1, '09, 8:50 AM.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
                      While increasing the cost, I'd imagine (the unique body sculpt) also gives Zica more control not only of raw inventory but also guarentees volume availability if sales really take off (he's not just another wholesale customer of the other two).

Not to mention the promised supposed "improvements" on this new body type ...

(Articulation, no "bands" inside... etc...)

Any plans to ultimately offer more than 1 male body type? Or options such as different/removable hand types etc.....

(as the customizers and kitbashers wait with baited breath!)

Yes, there are plans to offer more than one male body type but only if it's needed for a particular project. The same goes for female bodies, kid bodies, alien bodies, etc.... And yes, different/removable hand types is an option that will be offered.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Considering this thread is less then a day old and already has 828 hits tells me these are going to be really-really big and popular.

828 hits in less then a day has got to be a new Museum record.

Comment

• megomonkey
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 24, 2002

An 8" Khan, now an 8" Hawk? I had this dream in 1979, too...

Comment

• chunky B
                            Museum Eclectic Collector
                            • Apr 9, 2009

Holy Sweet Cow! This is awesome news and those head sculpts look great!

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Wow! Wonderful news. Hawk was my favourite character, and I always wanted a Hawk figure.

I can't wait for a second series if Twiki and Wilma are a part of it. It will be interesting to see how you handle Twiki in terms of an original sculpt vs dressed up "kid type body". Hopefully Erin Grey's Wilma head will have rooted hair!

Best of luck with this endeavorer, I think you've picked a winner, particularly by going with the TV show likenesses (as opposed to something like the new comic book designs).
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bonkers head
                                Museum Patron
                                • Mar 25, 2007

Amazing news, will these be avaliable to us International collectors?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎