X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

8" Buck Rogers Line Announced

ZICA Toys is excited to announce its first official foray into the world of licensed collectibles with an all new, highly articulated 1/9th scale line of action figures based on the fantastic television movie and series, Buck Rogers In The 25th Century. This indelible incarnation of the original hero of tomorrow debuted in 1979, starring Gil Gerard as William “Buck” Rogers. Buck was the last astronaut to pilot a deep space probe. During a freak mishap he was hurdled 500 years into the future. When he awoke he found himself in a strange new place surrounded by gorgeous disco-dancing spandex-clad aliens. With his blaster, a babe, and a robot buddy at his side, he used his 20th century wit to defend the innocent and bring evil to justice.

Characters planned for the first assortment are Buck Rogers, Hawk, Killer Kane, Tigerman and Draconian Guard. For the first time ever these figures will be made in the 8” style and scale that was hugely popular in the 70’s. By keeping the retro style and incorporating a more modern body design, the line is sure to please both vintage and modern collectors alike.

ABOUT BUCK ROGERS: In 1928, Buck Rogers blasted off in the pages of John F. Dille’s National Newspaper Service syndicate. Dille called on author Philip Francis Nowlan and artist Dick Calkins to develop his ideas of the future into a never before seen style of comic strip. Buck Rogers, like Rip Van Winkle, would awake to find himself in a strange new world filled with robots, rockets, and ray guns! Over the last 80 years Buck Rogers has been in Two Network TV Series, One Feature Film, One Feature Film Serial, 12,061 Daily Comic Strips, 1839 Sunday Comic Strips, 139 Sub-Strips and has sold in 40 Countries in 18 Languages, 400 Newspapers, and 1500 Radio Shows. 2008 marks the return of the future with new collectibles, books, comics, video games, and feature film projects! For more information on new Buck Rogers products, visit www.inthe25thcentury.com.

ABOUT ZICA TOYS: Since 2005 ZICA Toys has been behind the scenes of select toy projects in the designer toy, figurine, and comic-book world. With a passion for retro design and an eye for quality, ZICA is set to create new collectibles that hearken back to our collective childhoods. Look for Buck Rogers and more licensed collectibles at
    zicatoys.com.

Visit the Mego Museum Buck Rogers Gallery.

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What ???????????

This is freaking GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, i'm speachless !!!!!!!!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

Interesting.
      Would like to see some pictures of these and their previous work.
      Rich

Comment

• 60'schild
        Silver Haired Silver Ager
        • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by type1kirk
        What ???????????

This is freaking GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang !!!!!!!!
        It's all in this thread.... (we've been talking about it for some time)

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?26373

Sheesh!

Now, where's the online store to pre-order Series 1???

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I don't read the customs forums often .. so I totally missed it

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
            GL of Mego Sector
            • Oct 8, 2007

I am super excited!
            No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! Can't wait to see these. I'm also very interested to see the new bodies. Lots of possibilities!
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

TOTALLY AWESOME NEWS! *My friend's mom knew Gil Gerard in college! Will these figures have CLOTH clothes or all plastic? Wilma, Twiki with Dr. Theopolis, Dr. Huer, and Princess Ardala BETTER be in Wave 2 *along with a Buck in a different uniform!

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

along with a Buck in a different uniform!

I want Buck in his season 2 I HOPE THIS JACKET IS BAGGIE ENOUGH TO HIDE MY BIG BELLY AND FAT AZZ attire

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

sweet. Can't wait to get some

Comment

• 60'schild
                      • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                      TOTALLY AWESOME NEWS! *My friend's mom knew Gil Gerard in college! Will these figures have CLOTH clothes or all plastic? Wilma, Twiki with Dr. Theopolis, Dr. Huer, and Princess Ardala BETTER be in Wave 2 *along with a Buck in a different uniform!
                      In the thread in the customs section, Zicatoys was looking for a seamstress/tailor for the prototypes so I think that's your answer....

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Great news!

Comment

• 60'schild
                          • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by type1kirk
                          along with a Buck in a different uniform!

I want Buck in his season 2 I HOPE THIS JACKET IS BAGGIE ENOUGH TO HIDE MY BIG BELLY AND FAT AZZ attire
                          One Bill Shatner style belly shirt coming right up... (It's fortunate that the prototype already is available... )

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                            They will all have cloth uniforms just like classic MEGO figures but with a little more attention to detail.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 9, 2008

Hmmm..... sounds interesting. I almost thought when I saw the Header this was an Emce announcement. LOL !
                              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎