Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

To think that Leia seemed to be the only girl in the SW universe in 1977.
    That's like one Smurfette, and a hundred Smurfs!!!!!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MegoScott
      Leia. No contest.

Same here! Leia's a Woman...Natalie, while extremely beautiful...seems more like a little Girl.
      Last edited by The Bat; Jun 26, '09, 2:21 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• domino
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 16, 2007

Padme is cute and all but Leia is far sexier. Being 12 y/o and seeing Leia in that bikini well, I dont have to tell you the thoughts I had.

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by saildog
          Well, that would be a qualifying factor as it relates to the "which do you prefer?". I assumed we weren't judging based on acting ability, in which case, there would be a no-prize.
          as an actress Portman far outshines carrie fisher (I offer her perfomance in THE PROFESSIONAL when she was 9) but as a character Leia is a more complete person. POrtman's performance in the prequel is a direct shin on how far Lucas stroy telling degraded over the years

BUT while Slave leia is up there with Julie Newmar's catwoman and Lynda carter's wonder woman as a early impure thought I think AOTC portman is way hotter for way longer
          Last edited by jds1911a1; Jun 26, '09, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Fisher was very pretty back in the day and had (and still has tons more personality) than Portman, which goes a long way for me. While Portman may be conventionally attractive I don't find her "sexy" at all. As for Leia's "*****yness"? That's tons of sexy. Her scenes with Harrison Ford were phenomenal.

Portman and Hayden Christiansen? You'd have better performances if you took a couple of action figures and made em smooch.

I mean, sweet jesus, this is wretched. "I like the water." "I don't like sand." Let's stare at each other and kiss.
            YouTube - Anakin Padme kiss part in Star Wars.

Compared to this? This is classic Hollywood romance. They might as well be Bogart and Bacall, it's so good.
            YouTube - Star Wars-Empire Strikes Back-Han and Leia-Favorite Scene

Blame a lot of that on declining Lucas storytelling, but also on superior casting (and a different director in Kirshner).
            Last edited by megoscott; Jun 26, '09, 11:16 AM.
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Fisher was very pretty back in the day and had (and still has tons more personality) than Portman, which goes a long way for me. While Portman may be conventionally attractive I don't find her "sexy" at all. As for Leia's "*****yness"? That's tons of sexy. Her scenes with Harrison Ford were phenomenal.

Portman and Hayden Christiansen? You'd have better performances if you took a couple of action figures and made em smooch.

I mean, sweet jesus, this is wretched. "I like the water." "I don't like sand." Let's stare at each other and kiss.

Compared to this? This is classic Hollywood romance. They might as well be Bogart and Bacall, it's so good.
              YouTube - Star Wars-Empire Strikes Back-Han and Leia-Favorite Scene

Blame a lot of that on declining Lucas storytelling, but also on superior casting (and a different director in Kirshner).
              Arguably the BEST darn post on this entire thread...right on the money...agreed on all counts...well said...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Oh my dear God...I had to click stop...I just couldn't watch that entire scene...I almost cringed to death...lol...

sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Sorry, for me it has to be Leia.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• darklord1967
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                    ...and a coward for "dying" and leaving two little orphans behind.

She died of a broken heart my arse...lol...

Go ahead...make your 10 page long comeback...

Well, it seems to me that you are overlooking the fact that.... Ahhh... what the hecks the point? No one's gonna read it!!

See, Hector? I AM capable of controlling myself and actually AVOIDING the writting of 10 page posts. See? only 5 short lines.

I still love ya, Darklord!

I love ya back, amigo!
                    I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

There's something too "manly" or "gruff" about Leia. Don't ask me exactly
                      what because, heck, I like Marion Ravenwood and they're basically the same
                      type of character and physically have simillar looks, right?

If I had to pick between Leia and MARION...that'd be tougher I guess.

Anyways, I'm with Padme all the way....she's cuter.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by darklord1967
                        Well, it seems to me that you are overlooking the fact that.... Ahhh... what the hecks the point? No one's gonna read it!!

See, Hector? I AM capable of controlling myself and actually AVOIDING the writting of 10 page posts. See? only 5 short lines.

I love ya back, amigo!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
                          There's something too "manly" or "gruff" about Leia. Don't ask me exactly
                          what because, heck, I like Marion Ravenwood and they're basically the same
                          type of character and physically have simillar looks, right?

If I had to pick between Leia and MARION...that'd be tougher I guess.

Anyways, I'm with Padme all the way....she's cuter.
                          If Leia is too manly for you...then Richard Simmons got you beat in the "man" department...lol...

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

If Leia is too manly for you...then Richard Simmons got you beat in the "man" department...lol...

Maybe, but I don't see what one has to do with the other.

You don't see something masculine about gun-totin' loudmouth Leia?

First thing she does after she meets Han is blast that garbage chute open
                            while raggin' on him at the top of her voice.

While funny...not the most feminine move ever
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by huedell
                              Maybe, but I don't see what one has to do with the other.

You don't see something masculine about gun-totin' loudmouth Leia?

First thing she does after she meets Han is blast that garbage chute open
                              while raggin' on him at the top of her voice.

While funny...not the most feminine move ever
                              "In to the garbarge chute fly boy" and sure enought Han drives in head first following after her

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by spockfan74
                                "In to the garbarge chute fly boy" and sure enought Han drives in head first following after her

She was the hottest chick on the space station what else
                                would the "great" Han have done?

And I hope if I was in the same place I'd have had the ca-hoo-nays
                                to do the same thing.

It was either that or stay with Chewbacca

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎