Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megoville is NOW taking orders for Spock and Andorian: Pre-order SALE 'til AUGUST 5th

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by grayhank
    Just got my Kirk & Klingon case so Count me in too! I just placed my order for the Spock & Andorian case.

And if I can also put my 2-cents in, there are some very notable differences between the original Kirk/Klingon and these reproductions. So anyone who is concerned that they might be passed off as the originals can breathe a sigh of relief.

What's immediately notable on the repros:

Kirk's shirt is a brighter yellow, rather than gold. The Insignia is a little larger. The gold bands on the sleeves are evenly spaced apart with a larger gap between them.

The Klingon's jumpsuit is a lighter brown, rather than dark brown. The "leather" vest is a little bit longer and the 2 buttons are a dark copper brown, rather than gold.

The bodies of course are Doc Mego's.
    The most noticeable difference on the Klingon (from what I can tell from the pics) is the collar of his leather vest. The original is more square with a lighter edge, the collar on the retro vest is round with the same color edge. Should be easy to recognize, no way the retro version could be passed off as original
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
      Career Member
      • Jun 10, 2007

PM sent Paul...

Lynn

PP and email sent for order.
      Thanks,
      Lynn
      Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Aug 1, '07, 7:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
        PM sent Paul...

Lynn

PP and email sent for order.
        Thanks,
        Lynn
        Thanks Lynn. I place the order on the site tonight, you should hopefully have received an email with the order from my shopping cart. If not, let me know and I can send you the Invoice Number. I got and applied the paypal, so you are all set.

If anyone else has problems ordering (pretty seldom, thankfully), let me know and we can make the same arrangement.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
          Career Member
          • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
          Thanks Lynn. I place the order on the site tonight, you should hopefully have received an email with the order from my shopping cart. If not, let me know and I can send you the Invoice Number. I got and applied the paypal, so you are all set.

If anyone else has problems ordering (pretty seldom, thankfully), let me know and we can make the same arrangement.
          Your welcome!
          I got the invoice saying that I owe the $34, but you know I already paid for it, so we're all set.

Mine shipped from Starlog yesterday, I can't wait to get these.
          Lynn

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
            Your welcome!
            I got the invoice saying that I owe the $34, but you know I already paid for it, so we're all set.

Mine shipped from Starlog yesterday, I can't wait to get these.
            Lynn
            Thanks Lynn. The invoice is already marked as paid, so you're cool.

Only three days left to pre-order, so please get those orders in soon folks.

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Update: I mistakenly set my discount prices to end on 8/5/07, so people who tried to place an order today did get the discount price when they added their items to the cart. I have corrected that so the prices are good until midnight tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

I want to once again thank everyone who placed your pre-orders with me.

If my pre-orders are any indication, this next wave is going to be even more successful than the first. Of course most of you are interested for reasons beyond just having the latest Star Trek figures, and the character selection has a lot to do with that, but I'd like to think this will transfer to those retailers outside of the Mego community.

As far as sales go, without getting into specifics, in only 8 days of website sales I sold more Spock and Andorians than I even ordered of Kirk and Klingon Heck, I'm even debating ordering more of those. My preorder with Diamond is 50% larger than last time to ensure I have enough figures for everyone who wants them.

So thank you! I might just be a drop in Diamond's big bucket, but I know for a fact that this community is supporting the heck out of these figures. Personally I am looking forward to the Andorian more than the Romulan, but I imagine that many people might disagree.

If any of my customers did not get a chance to take advantage of this sale, please let me know in the next week or so, and I will honor these prices for you as my pre-order quantity allows.

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Hey, THANK YOU Paul (and Joe, and all) for carrying these, and being so darn easy to deal with. I've had enough problems with on-line stores in the past to make me very wary whom I deal with. Its great to have someone we know and trust to get our stuff from.

"Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Captain
                    Hey, THANK YOU Paul (and Joe, and all) for carrying these, and being so darn easy to deal with. I've had enough problems with on-line stores in the past to make me very wary whom I deal with. Its great to have someone we know and trust to get our stuff from.

What he said Paul.
                    So, this wave is doing better than the first, eh? I'm guessing the Romulan will do just as good if not better. Mugato will probably sell just as well, the others maybe a little less (just my guess tho). Once we get to never produced figures, new aliens or more series correct aliens sales will probably go through the roof
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                      Museum Chaplain
                      • Nov 26, 2002

I just couldn't be happier with the figures I got from Paul and I can't wait for the rest. I'm buying Megos new again....its a great feeling. Too bad they aren't $2.98 anymore though.

:-)
                      "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎