X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Barrett
    Career Member
    • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
    If Doc (or someone else I guess) does do these, I kinda hope they dont use the same feet or hands. I hated the wilted flower hands (especially the right hand design...what the heck was that all about?). The feet are kinda goofy too. If you have to have different feet maybe Paul could figure out how to re-use the Gorn and Mugato designs...thus helping pay off the tooling costs for same. As for hands...I prefer normal ones.
    Sounds like a good idea,re-use Gorn&Mugato feet designs;it's true that some TOMLAND hands were "exagerated" and somehow useless,they couln't hold anything.A 'normal' Mego hand would be great plus an extra one(I mean like
    the LIZARD,one hand to hold a weapon of some sort and one fisted,something like that would fit perfectly)-my opinion.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>A 'normal' Mego hand would be great plus an extra one

I've been making custom hands that match the originals for my custom Tomlands. (Folks have been using the Morlosck ones for all sorts of customs.... Telarites and Nightcrawler mostly.) They're just not the same without the weird hands and feet.

Don C.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

I like them just they way they are.
        Goofy mismatched coloured suits and even goofer hands are what gives them their character.

Comment

• Al Barrett
          Career Member
          • Aug 16, 2008

So if they ever do re-release them,gotta keep the same goofy hands whatever the cost???!!!Would-you buy 25-30$ for a new Tomland-like Star Raiders figure?

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

Just a question.
            If your going to take their suits off and put them in Star Trek uniforms, and you just want regular hands. Why not get somebody to do so custom resin heads and put them on Mego bodies? Seems like a much cheaper way of doing things to me.

Comment

• Al Barrett
              Career Member
              • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by stretchandro
              Just a question.
              If your going to take their suits off and put them in Star Trek uniforms, and you just want regular hands. Why not get somebody to do so custom resin heads and put them on Mego bodies? Seems like a much cheaper way of doing things to me.
              I was answering to a suggestion made on this thread...me,personaly I like them as they are and would add them as "aliens" beside the ST TOS figures.If I ever come accross a naked fig.(Tomland)I'd put a CTTV toys cosmos 1999 repro suit on
              That's what I ment,the rest is only speculations about an eventual new release of those figures.

Comment

• AAAAA
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 28, 2005

I took them out of there outfits because i hated them, Because I think they really could of done the outfits better. Flowing robes, and space suits......etc
                some of the hands are nice and Alien ,the only thing I would change is make them more functional Girp or make the bendie hands and have them pop out.
                I like the alien looking hands, What i don't like is the closed hands or non funtional hands
                Or hands that make impossiable to put outfits on ,the molded in weapons also a pain.
                They do have a charm,they could of done better.
                Last edited by AAAAA; Jul 16, '09, 4:10 PM.

Comment

• Al Barrett
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by AAAAA
                  I took them out of there outfits because i hated them, Because I think they really could of done the outfits better. Flowing robes, and space suits......etc
                  some of the hands are nice and Alien ,the only thing I would change is make them more functional Girp or make the bendie hands and have them pop out.
                  I like the alien looking hands, What i don't like is the closed hands or non funtional hands
                  Or hands that make impossiable to put outfits on ,the molded in weapons also a pain.
                  They do have a charm,they could of done better.
                  Do-you still have those outfits? I would do the same only if they would be stained(without any chance of cleaning'em)or clothes ripped etc.
                  Knowing that Dr,Mego already have the Yeti,fly and some other heads,combined with a matching colored body and Cosmos 1999 outfits...
                  that could make an interresting alien...I might try one one of these days...

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>Why not get somebody to do so custom resin heads and put them on Mego bodies?

That's how I got my Dral. I put the heads on Mego bodies, and replace the hands and feet as neccessary.

>Goofy mismatched coloured suits and even goofer hands are what gives them their character.

Yup! Although I make better quality versions of the outfits. The originals were durned cheap.

Don C.

Comment

• AAAAA
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Al Barrett
                      Do-you still have those outfits? I would do the same only if they would be stained(without any chance of cleaning'em)or clothes ripped etc.
                      Knowing that Dr,Mego already have the Yeti,fly and some other heads,combined with a matching colored body and Cosmos 1999 outfits...
                      that could make an interresting alien...I might try one one of these days...
                      Yeah Al I'm tring find them, I got so much crap, you and bunch of others are looking for outfits, Plus I'm looking for a modeling mag for someoen else.
                      Last edited by AAAAA; Jul 17, '09, 1:59 PM.

Comment

• Al Barrett
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 16, 2008

Originally posted by AAAAA
                        Yeah Al I'm tring find them, I got so much crap, you and bunch of others are looking for outfits, Plus I'm looking for a modeling mag for someoen else.
                        That would be great,if you find some useless stuff in your "crap" that could fir with my project,I'm more than interested I'm looking for weapons,
                        clothing,etc. everything that could help me with my project on You tube,here's a link:
                        YouTube - Star Trek Mego Episodes Part1

I'm also lookin' for a right mego leg with band and gear to attach the leg...it's for a weird figure I' creating but still no head yet!It'll be added to those guys...Space Pirates Lol!

Comment

• Al Barrett
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 16, 2008

Anyone got hands for Tomland GRAND ???
                          PM me
                          Al

Last edited by Al Barrett; Jul 30, '09, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎