• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Great JLU News from SDCC

Source: Action Figure Insider

The other villain in the Gorilla Grodd 6 pack is Joker as the Red Hood. Rest of figures are Superman, Batman, Grey/Black Luthor, and Flash. They wanted every hero in pack to have a villain counterpart. Why Red Hood? Because every DC Universe character can now be made in animated style! Legion of Superheroes and Teen Titans animated shows can also be folded into the line. Line name will change in 2008.

SDCC 3-Pack (Ray/Shayera) will not be singles down the road. Line restructuring in 2008- want to make it the final word in collector driven lines. Want line to have as many characters as possible; line will last as long as it continues to sell. Working on case packs, they understand frustrations, and may re-release previously hard to find figures. No plans for JLU Hal Jordan, but looking into it. Charleton heroes (Captain Atom, Question) are possible. Line format will change in 2008. 10" "giant" figures such as Giganta and Atom Smasher possible.

Said they were listening to fans while showing slide of Cheetah, Giganta, Blackhawk, Question, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel. Those are not guaranteed coming, but they know what fans want and are listening. Asked fans to be patient, but big things are coming and getting the master license changed their plans in mid-stream. New JLU to be shown maybe at WW Chicago, but probably later.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • joshvox
    Clown Prince of Crime
    • Mar 21, 2006

awesome. Looking forward to that red hood.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Line restructuring in 2008- want to make it the final word in collector driven lines. Want line to have as many characters as possible; line will last as long as it continues to sell. Working on case packs, they understand frustrations, and may re-release previously hard to find figures. No plans for JLU Hal Jordan, but looking into it.
      If this is actual news---and not a fantasy piece----that's incredible

Who would've thought the line would be so closely examined and reconsidered?
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Glad I held off on the Joker 3 pack. Now at least Grodd and Mr. J will be new ones for me out of that 6 pack.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Fantastic news! Hopefully distribution will get better with this line instead of having countless Superman warming the pegs at TRU, Target and Wal-Mart.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

So there's hope for Captain Marvel/Shazam yet!

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

One of my bigger wants is a classic Timm designed Aquaman and Black Manta.

Comment

• grayhank
                That Fisher Price Guy
                • Feb 9, 2007

FIRESTORM Please! They can make Rocket Red AND actually issue him twice but still no Firestorm! What's up with that! Rocket Red would be the very last character on my list after every other single known character either dead or alive from the DCU has been made. I'd even want Danny Chase from the New Titans made as a figure before Rocket Red and THAT'S PRETTY BAD! The bottom of the list goes:

Ambush Bug
                Vibe
                Danny Chase
                Rocket Red

Ok I need to go take a nap now cuz my mood stablizers are wearing off. But seriously, where's FIRESTORM!!!!!
                Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I could be wrong but I don't think Firestorm was ever in the series, if that's the case it's a non issue now as they can make timm styled figures of anybody.

Yay! Animal Man!

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

if that's the case it's a non issue now as they can make timm styled figures of anybody.
                    does anyone know to what extent that issue is likely to be addressed?
                    seems that would open up the possibilities of the line tremendously
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• grayhank
                      That Fisher Price Guy
                      • Feb 9, 2007

Every character in the DCU including Teen Titans and Charlton characters. Vertigo characters are the only ones that are off limits.
                      Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
                        mego batman collector
                        • Jun 22, 2004

if the titans are done right they ill be good figures. mike

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎