Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Geez....why don't we start a Hot Wheels thread and constantly update it with new info on upcoming releases...After all, Hot Wheels has the Batmobile license and in the 70s they released vehicles for The Thing, The Human Torch, Captain America and Thor so that's sort of like Megos too, right?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Seeker
      Neptunians RULE!
      • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      Geez....why don't we start a Hot Wheels thread and constantly update it with new info on upcoming releases...After all, Hot Wheels has the Batmobile license and in the 70s they released vehicles for The Thing, The Human Torch, Captain America and Thor so that's sort of like Megos too, right?

Oh please? And can we update it 5 times a day every day?
      Lo there do I see my Father.
      Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
      Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
      Lo they do call me.
      They bid me take my place among them.
      In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

It's just too bad that there aren't some Bowen forums out there for the true Bowen enthusiasts.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I bet there are some out there.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spiderrogue
            new mego-er
            • Feb 3, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
            can we really? i used to love those hot wheels of the superheroes...had a ton of them, wish i still did....sigh...but a forum about them would be cool...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I think it's safe to assume that there's little interest for statues among us.
              We're action figure kinda people.

If it ain't movin', it ain't groovin'.

I can't believe I said that....
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I believe it.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 7, 2009

So odd that several of you don't want to see statues, don't collect statues, are offended by statues, etc..., but you feel the compulsion to come to this thread & let us all know.

Anywho, it's ashame that the impression that you give to someone like me is that MEGO collectors are arrogant jerks. Of course I know that's absolutely not true, but some of you seem intent on trying to push that perception.

My ultimate goal here, is to get "my" folks intrigued by "your" stuff & vice versa. I LOVE Megos & someday, I will regain all the ones that were destroyed by my siblings all those years ago. Personally, I don't get how "my" folks aren't flipping over the MEGO section we have on our board & I don't get why they aren't clicking on the link back to this board more often. I really want them to like this stuff!

By the same token, it would be cool if you guys had a little more of open minds. I've said it before, I wouldn't be collecting Bowen Designs, if it wasn't for my love of MEGOs.

Al
                  http://www.statuemarvels.com

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 7, 2009

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 7, 2009

Randy Bowen wants to know which versions of a FS Sandman statue would you be interested in seeing?

Please take the time to vote!

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by HoldyourfireAl
                        So odd that several of you don't want to see statues, don't collect statues, are offended by statues, etc..., but you feel the compulsion to come to this thread & let us all know.

Anywho, it's ashame that the impression that you give to someone like me is that MEGO collectors are arrogant jerks. Of course I know that's absolutely not true, but some of you seem intent on trying to push that perception.

My ultimate goal here, is to get "my" folks intrigued by "your" stuff & vice versa. I LOVE Megos & someday, I will regain all the ones that were destroyed by my siblings all those years ago. Personally, I don't get how "my" folks aren't flipping over the MEGO section we have on our board & I don't get why they aren't clicking on the link back to this board more often. I really want them to like this stuff!

By the same token, it would be cool if you guys had a little more of open minds. I've said it before, I wouldn't be collecting Bowen Designs, if it wasn't for my love of MEGOs.

Al
                        So, what you're saying is we're arrogant jerks because we don't like statues? Does that mean you call "your" people arrogant jerks too because they don't like Megos? Boy, you must be as popular over there as you are here...
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Al
                          The only reason anyone posts on this thread is because YOU keep bumping it up and its getting annoying. At one point it had fallen off to page two yet YOU still felt the need to bring it back.
                          If it fell off that far, its because no one was interested. Your constant posting of statues and nothing but really gives the impression that YOU are here for self promotion and to self stroke your own ego.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

You really don't get it? WE are not interested in the Bowen stuff and "YOUR" people at your message board aren't interested in Megos. Everybody does not have to be onboard to like the same things. Get over it and stop using this site as a self-promotion tool to get hits on your website.

Jerkstore.....
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Seeker
                              Neptunians RULE!
                              • Feb 20, 2008

Lo there do I see my Father.
                              Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                              Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                              Lo they do call me.
                              They bid me take my place among them.
                              In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                                Career Member
                                • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by cougartrace
                                Bob, no offense, but I'll take the word of Randy Bowen who has always been forthright with us collectors over some internet rumors you are trying to start.

Randy has stated he never was behind the C&D letters. His word over yours? Hmmm...let me guess which one is more credible.

If you can't provide direct proof, then you are spreading libelous mistruths. The kind that can get you into trouble.

And Randy is still sculpting plenty while running the best statue company around - lets see Cap America, Thor, Ghost Riders, Abomination, and on and on...
                                Well Mr. New Member I'm NOT spreading libelous mistruths and you know it. I know for a FACT Randy has done this to a couple garage kit producers. The very SAME people he would've called brothers a few years ago. The very SAME people he's purchased sculpts from and produced as some of his pre-paints.

Here's alittle 411 on me: I've been very active in the resin garage kit hobby as a collector/dealer for over 20 years. I knew of Randy before he was Bowen Designs. I own one of his early sculpts of Glenn Strange/Frankenstein. I know ALOT of the resin guys and I know ALOT of what goes on behind the scenes.

But this all stated because of your boy Al. Everyone that's on ANY forum KNOWS just how F/N RUDE it is when a new member starts pimpin' his product within the first few posts. And if you read any of the posts other than Al's, you would get a very CLEAR idea that we don't care for your stuff here. As for Bowen Designs being the best statue company... Meh, that's easy to say when your basicly the only game in town. But I know a few insider details that may change that in the near future.

Oh and Al here's alittle 411 for you: Since you know so much about Bowen Designs, every statue that they sell IS a "pre-paint". That term means they were pre painted at the factory.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎