X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoldyourfireAl
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
    Listen Al, I'm just stating the facts. You come on this board with a big hard-on for Randy Bowen. So what. We all like different things.
    I LOVE Mego as well! If Mego got a Marvel License again, I'd be all over that!

I've never received a C&D from Marvel. But I know MANY people in the garage resin kit hobby that have. These latest ones came from Randy HIMSELF. If you don't believe me, ask Randy.
    Randy's statement...

A word about a recent rumor... - STATUE M A R V E L S

You posted that pic of ROM. Not me. That was a resin garage kit before Randy picked it up.
    This is where you show everyone that you have no idea what you are taking about. Randy didn't pick this up! Randy doesn't even like ROM! ROM is not a Marvel character. Randy Bowen & Bowen Designs has nothing to do with that ROM statue. Please, get your facts straight.

Just like most of his stuff. He doesn't have time to sculpt much anymore. He tries to run a company. Almost ALL of Bowen Designs pre-paints are sculpted by several different sculptors. It's been that way for years.
    Randy doesn't sculpt much anymore? I guess you missed the 10 different Hulks coming out!!!

What are you talking about with the term "pre-paints?" Every statue I've purchased from Bowen Designs has been painted.

The only agenda I have is stating the truth.
    Really? I don't think so. By your basic lack of knowledge concerning Bowen Designs, that you ignorantly state as fact, you obviously are listening to someone with a grudge against Bowen Designs. You probably think you are doing this person a service, but you need to understand that they are using you. What you are writing in your posts is basically libel. You should be careful about that.

And yes Al, my name is Bob. I'm known on several boards as That Batman Guy. I'm @ the Clubhouse just like you. Check around.
    After your remarks, such as Randy picking up ROM, I absolutely believe you! There's no way you are the person I was thinking of, because that guy is so obsessed with every move Randy makes, his QC,and how much better he could do it than Randy, he would know that Randy has nothing to do with that ROM & that Randy sculpts quite a lot of the Bowen releases!

And as for your "bitter coward" remark, my what big internet muscles you have.
    Yep. You are not the guy. You are only being fed lies by that guy, so I absolutely owe you an apology.

Please, man...I actually think you are trying to be a good guy here, but you need to research what someone tells you, before you post lies about someone.
    http://www.statuemarvels.com

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 7, 2009

Anyway, back to the cool world of Bowen Designs. I just updated the Sneak Peek section!

Bowen Designs Full Size Sneak Peeks!!! - STATUE M A R V E L S

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        Yes,.. Bob ,.. I do Not Believe your Name is Bob Either... I Believe your Name is Russel ! BAHAHAHAHAW !
        I hate to "bump" this thread up again, but THAT is funny Russell

And I too can attest to the fact that his name is really Bob. And that I've never known him to be anything but an honest, stand-up guy.

Comment

• cougartrace
          • Jun 26, 2009

Listen Al, I'm just stating the facts. You come on this board with a big hard-on for Randy Bowen. So what. We all like different things.

I've never received a C&D from Marvel. But I know MANY people in the garage resin kit hobby that have. These latest ones came from Randy HIMSELF. If you don't believe me, ask Randy.

You posted that pic of ROM. Not me. That was a resin garage kit before Randy picked it up. Just like most of his stuff. He doesn't have time to sculpt much anymore. He tries to run a company. Almost ALL of Bowen Designs pre-paints are sculpted by several different sculptors. It's been that way for years.

The only agenda I have is stating the truth. And yes Al, my name is Bob. I'm known on several boards as That Batman Guy. I'm @ the Clubhouse just like you. Check around. And as for your "bitter coward" remark, my what big internet muscles you have.

And Thank You Black Knight.

Bob

Bob, no offense, but I'll take the word of Randy Bowen who has always been forthright with us collectors over some internet rumors you are trying to start.

Randy has stated he never was behind the C&D letters. His word over yours? Hmmm...let me guess which one is more credible.

If you can't provide direct proof, then you are spreading libelous mistruths. The kind that can get you into trouble.

And Randy is still sculpting plenty while running the best statue company around - lets see Cap America, Thor, Ghost Riders, Abomination, and on and on...
          Last edited by cougartrace; Jun 29, '09, 7:19 PM.

Comment

• yokaijohn
            Keep it coolin', baby
            • Oct 1, 2008

Originally posted by HoldyourfireAl
            As promised, the Danny Ketch version!

When I have a moment, I'll post the Johnny Blaze version...

Factory sample : Ghost Rider - Page 3 - STATUE M A R V E L S

(Post #58)

AND...

the Danny Ketch mini-bust...

Factory sample : Ghost Rider - Page 5 - STATUE M A R V E L S

(Post #97)
            That's a Great GHOST RIDER!!!
            Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I have to admit,I have no idea what statues have to do with toys.

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                I have to admit,I have no idea what statues have to do with toys.
                Because of the MEGOs I had as a kid, I now collect Marvel statues!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I personally can't wait to see more statues like Hot Plate Havok.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Because of the MEGOs I had as a kid, I now collect Marvel statues!

Yeah....about that.....I think you're the ONLY one here that's interested in the Marvel statues.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Seeker
                      Neptunians RULE!
                      • Feb 20, 2008

Boy why does the new guy cougar sound like Al?

Personally I'm not a statue fan myself. If it doesnt articulate its just another thing to dust.......
                      Lo there do I see my Father.
                      Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                      Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                      Lo they do call me.
                      They bid me take my place among them.
                      In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 7, 2009

Which Outfit for Bowen Designs Upcoming White Queen?

Randy Bowen wants to know which outfits you'd like to see on the forthcoming White Queen full-sized statue that is in development right now. This is your chance to have a voice about a statue you may be interested in buying one day!

Emma Frost costume poll...Randy wants to know!! - STATUE M A R V E L S

Thanks!

Al

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 7, 2009

Check out the work in progress for Bowen Designs forthcoming Sandman statue!

Sandman FS sneak! - STATUE M A R V E L S

I'll post pics here, when I get home from work tonight!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Which Outfit for Bowen Designs Upcoming White Queen?

Randy Bowen wants to know which outfits you'd like to see on the forthcoming White Queen full-sized statue that is in development right now. This is your chance to have a voice about a statue you may be interested in buying one day!

Thanks!

Al

I've got no interest in seeing any more of your overpriced paperweights
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Seeker
                              Neptunians RULE!
                              • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              I've got no interest in seeing any more of your overpriced paperweights

Yeah I agree....
                              Lo there do I see my Father.
                              Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                              Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                              Lo they do call me.
                              They bid me take my place among them.
                              In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• txteach
                                Banned
                                • Jun 17, 2005

Very cool stuff Al but a lot of us collect megos and other figures, not statues. The detail in them is great but personally I have no interest in collecting another line. Good luck though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎