X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoldyourfireAl
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
    That may explain it part as to Randy on behalf of Marvel sending out C&D's against some of the resin garage kit makers. What have you heard?

Bob
    Ya know, I was thinking about your claims...
    Don'tcha think that Marvel would be issuing Cease & Desist orders, if anyone was? It's THEIR characters! Bowen Designs pays a licensing fee. Surely, Marvel would be the one to decide to go after folks producing unlicensed kits of their intellectual property.

That's what I THINK. I'm not privy to any other info.

Al

http://www.statuemarvels.com

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 7, 2009

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 7, 2009

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 7, 2009

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

That Havok is hilarious. I'd be screaming if I was on a stove burner, too.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Seeker
              Neptunians RULE!
              • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt

Lo there do I see my Father.
              Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
              Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
              Lo they do call me.
              They bid me take my place among them.
              In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• supes
                For the love of Mego's!
                • Jan 19, 2004

When is that Johnny Blaze due out?

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by HoldyourfireAl
                  Ya know, I was thinking about your claims...
                  Don'tcha think that Marvel would be issuing Cease & Desist orders, if anyone was? It's THEIR characters! Bowen Designs pays a licensing fee. Surely, Marvel would be the one to decide to go after folks producing unlicensed kits of their intellectual property.

That's what I THINK. I'm not privy to any other info.

Al

Nope, Marvel isn't doing this. Randy is doing this for Marvel. He's directing them to the sculptors. Which is sorta like cutting off your nose inspite of your face. Most of the pre-paints you are posting come from the sculptors of garage kits. Exactly the way Randy got his start. I remember when that Rom WAS a garage kit. Randy bought the original sculpt and now it's a pre-paint. Nothing wrong with that. Great way to take advantage of talent.

Oh and these are not claims. But facts of Randy doing this. IMHO you don't forget how/where you got your start.

Bob

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^ So Bowen just buys these sculpts from garage guys and then repros them for mass sale?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      I was impressed until I saw your post...Now I'm just trying not to choke on my iced tea.
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Breathe, Jessica.....

Comment

• HoldyourfireAl
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 7, 2009

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
                          Nope, Marvel isn't doing this. Randy is doing this for Marvel. He's directing them to the sculptors. Which is sorta like cutting off your nose inspite of your face. Most of the pre-paints you are posting come from the sculptors of garage kits. Exactly the way Randy got his start. I remember when that Rom WAS a garage kit. Randy bought the original sculpt and now it's a pre-paint. Nothing wrong with that. Great way to take advantage of talent.

Oh and these are not claims. But facts of Randy doing this. IMHO you don't forget how/where you got your start.

Bob
                          "Bob" - I don't believe your name is "Bob." I think you are someone DIRECTLY affected by Marvel's Cease & Desist orders. In fact, I believe that you have received one. I don't like dishonest folks with agendas & that is EXACTLY what I think you are.

As far as ROM goes...what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!? Here's some FACTS...

1. Randy doesn't like ROM.
                          2. Marvel doesn't own ROM.

Please, if you're going to continue this, at least reveal who you are & tell folks the truth about your agenda against Randy Bowen. I doubt you will though, because you are a bitter coward, who is used to getting his way.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Lighten up Francis. Or at least hold your fire.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

"I believe your Name is Not Bob"

Yes,.. Bob ,.. I do Not Believe your Name is Bob Either... I Believe your Name is Russel ! BAHAHAHAHAW !

Get The F Outta Here...
                              I can Assure every Member on this Board that Bob's Name IS Bob,.. Unless He also Uses his Disguise Alias Under Cover Brother Names in His Address as well as His Paypal Accounts,.. & all of his Transactions.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                                Career Member
                                • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by HoldyourfireAl
                                "Bob" - I don't believe your name is "Bob." I think you are someone DIRECTLY affected by Marvel's Cease & Desist orders. In fact, I believe that you have received one. I don't like dishonest folks with agendas & that is EXACTLY what I think you are.

As far as ROM goes...what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!? Here's some FACTS...

1. Randy doesn't like ROM.
                                2. Marvel doesn't own ROM.

Please, if you're going to continue this, at least reveal who you are & tell folks the truth about your agenda against Randy Bowen. I doubt you will though, because you are a bitter coward, who is used to getting his way.
                                Listen Al, I'm just stating the facts. You come on this board with a big hard-on for Randy Bowen. So what. We all like different things.

I've never received a C&D from Marvel. But I know MANY people in the garage resin kit hobby that have. These latest ones came from Randy HIMSELF. If you don't believe me, ask Randy.

You posted that pic of ROM. Not me. That was a resin garage kit before Randy picked it up. Just like most of his stuff. He doesn't have time to sculpt much anymore. He tries to run a company. Almost ALL of Bowen Designs pre-paints are sculpted by several different sculptors. It's been that way for years.

The only agenda I have is stating the truth. And yes Al, my name is Bob. I'm known on several boards as That Batman Guy. I'm @ the Clubhouse just like you. Check around. And as for your "bitter coward" remark, my what big internet muscles you have.

And Thank You Black Knight.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎