Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

I checked with my source at MGA Entertainment. They didnt make these. MGA Enterprises was a different and much smaller company in Fresno California. Unfortunately, it looks like they went belly up in 2008, but it is possible somebody else bought the assets and is running under a different name.
    According to the hobby shop I spoke with, the 1/6 figures were made right up until the end (at least they were listed till 08') but they werent very popular...the bodies weighed too much compared to the hollow bust versions, and affected the dynamics of some types of model aircraft.

Aggravating to find out a 12" Mego body could have been purchased as little as a year ago!!!!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

I just thought of something else....It is not outside the realm of possibility that the 8" mystery pilot figure was in fact designed and sold for the same purposes!?

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Here I thought these were a "mystery" and it seems Anthony knew all along.

I wonder if the 8" MA came from something like this. Someone recycling parts on a project similar. It wouldn't make sense it was the same group, since there stuff seems so much more detailed.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Captain
          I checked with my source at MGA Entertainment. They didnt make these. MGA Enterprises was a different and much smaller company in Fresno California. Unfortunately, it looks like they went belly up in 2008, but it is possible somebody else bought the assets and is running under a different name.
          According to the hobby shop I spoke with, the 1/6 figures were made right up until the end (at least they were listed till 08') but they werent very popular...the bodies weighed too much compared to the hollow bust versions, and affected the dynamics of some types of model aircraft.

Aggravating to find out a 12" Mego body could have been purchased as little as a year ago!!!!
          I find that very aggravating. 2008?? If only we knew! Thanks for all the additional info.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Dave Mc
            Here I thought these were a "mystery" and it seems Anthony knew all along.
            Nope I had no idea...hence the question I'm doing a custom project and had no info on these guys and was going to "wing it" (pun intended) but figured I'd ask and see if anything had come to light to give me some direction. Very surprised to find out they're not officially "Mego".
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• AAAAA
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 28, 2005

I have a army jungle fighter That I purchased from a catalog company.
              from the 1997 ,using a mego 12 body.

Comment

• Megotu
                jerk
                • Dec 16, 2001

Originally posted by Flynne
                Am I the only one who was surprised that there were no 12 feet tall pilots here?

Great sluething, guys! Another page of the Museum is born.

I love those 2 to 1 scale toy airplanes!..
                sigpic

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by cjefferys
                  Since it was nude, did it look to have the same structure as a standard Mego 12"? Pointing finger on right hand? You didn't save any pics by chance?
                  Yes the body was same mold as 12 inch Mego body. I was hoping someone else had seen it or new what it was. I think I have a pic saved it will take me a little while to look for it.

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

Alot of the After Mego Figures are not mark with a manufacture, My Jungle Figther came in a generic yellow and Black box window with no marking.Just Made in Hong Kong
                    Importers ask Hong Kong Manufactures as to what the have as a action Figure and they are showed 12 inch figure protoypes examples in catalogs and the importers order them.The more generic the box/no manufacture the cheaper the cost of the figure.

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Have any pics of the KO MEGO Jungle Fighter? I'd love to see what they came up with. One if my favorite things about Hong kong is how they reuse molds. No telling what's floating out there!

Comment

• AAAAA
                        Permanent Member
                        • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Neutron X
                        Have any pics of the KO MEGO Jungle Fighter? I'd love to see what they came up with. One if my favorite things about Hong kong is how they reuse molds. No telling what's floating out there!
                        I have photograph it and send you it by mail
                        It really strange the Rifle and pistol belt is undersized and the cantine is 3 times the size of a G.I.joe version.and the head looks like a World Famous "flashy flamBoyant" Piano Player.

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

I have been hot on the trail of the folks who made these, and I'm closing in. Mainly I'm interested to see if these were made using Mego molds, or copied off of Mego figures. If they were made off of Mego molds, I'm darned curious to see what else the factory has lying around!?

Assuming I'm able to catch up to the right people, I'm wondering if anybody would be interested in 12" Mego bodies? No idea on what kind of pricing would be involved, or if this is even possible, but if folks want them, and the I can convince these folks the market is there, I'm hoping they will put the body back into limited production.

Comment

• spidertick
                            • Apr 7, 2013

Somebody pointed me to this article. I just picked up one of the pilot figures. Absolutely no marking anywhere on the body. But the body is definitely a Mego copy. The boots look just like the 12" superhero boots.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎