X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

"Triad Toys - Lola" review @ MROTW and other sexy modern figures

Hello guys, I was going over this guest review at Michael's site...

Lola sixth scale action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

and it struck me to start a thread to possibly spark discussion
    regarding "sexy" action figures/dolls.

I saw this Lola figure and saw how hot she looked and have actually considered purchasing her because I'm thinking...wow...I can look
    at a 3-D hot chick among my other toys and posisbly accessorize her with an appropriate scale electric guitar or some other accessories I might prefer.

Do any of you collect "sexy" figures....are there any figures you've seen
    that I may have missed?

I'm particularly interested in what's been done with the more
    realistic look (i.e. no extreme anime, etc.)----and I'm not
    too interested in figures that break the $200 mark.

I may never end up buying one...but after seeing the attractive Lola figure
    I was intrigued on the "sexy chick action figure" subject, and I
    thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone spoke up.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I don't really get into the pigtails, teddy bears, and lollipop thing, but Triad toys 1/6 bodies and accessories are top notch if you are doing customs in that scale. I'd like to see that Lola turned into a supergirl custom. Good base body for that, and the portrait would probably work as well.

Hot toys had some good bodies and the Cygirl/coolgirl items are also good custom bases.

have a good time

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by rche
      I don't really get into the pigtails, teddy bears, and lollipop thing...
      I'm sure if we dug deep enough we'd find your "creepy action figure chick" fetish.

...Triad toys 1/6 bodies and accessories are top notch
      if you are doing customs in that scale. I'd like to see that Lola turned into a
      supergirl custom. Good base body for that, and the portrait would probably
      work as well.

Hot toys had some good bodies and the Cygirl/coolgirl items are also good custom bases.
      Thanks for the insight. I'll try to check out some pics. The posability on the
      Lola figure seemed about as good you could get as far as that price range.
      It's pretty cool to have all those posing options. I've never bought a figure
      like that to begin with...."sexy" or otherwise.

...have a good time
      That sounded creepy even to me, the guy who started this subject
      in the first place
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
        I'm sure if we dug deep enough we'd find your "creepy action figure chick" fetish.

I'm not against the hot chick figures, just not really into the lolita thing. Like I said, a Supergirl custom on that particular figure and portrait would be awesome. Or find a good brunette portrait and make a Wonder Woman.

If I were to go to my risque side, Vampirella would be an excellent choice for that body. That is where it excels with the smooth torso and elegantly designed elbow and knee joints. You give up some poseability for the smooth torso, but it is certainly visually striking. The slightly transparent material used for the portraits and the torso also lend themselves to a much more realistic figure if that is the effect you are after.

If you were looking to put a full bodysuit on for a Catwomanesque custom (Or leather bondage freak - same thing), I would probably choose a body with a more segmented torso, but with the same smooth style joints. It really breaks up the asthetic of a hyper-realistic custom to see chuncky squares poking through the fabric at the joints. The Hot toys 3 body is pretty good for that, as are the Takara cygirls. There are also a bunch of Obitsu and Dollfie bodies that are pretty smooth, but a bit harder to come by unless you order direct.

Originally posted by huedell
        That sounded creepy even to me, the guy who started this subject
        in the first place
        You obviously have not heard enough Bob Wills, friend.
        That being said,

Have a GOOD time
        rche

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

btw:

If you want to see creepy action figure chicks, check out Sideshow's babysitter from the Dead series. There is some creepy and lolita at the same time.

edit: had to dig up the link..
          Sideshow Collectibles, Inc. - The Dead / Subject 1025: The Babysitter
          Last edited by rche; Jun 10, '09, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Wow she's hot

there was a chick dressed like her in the convention
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

btw:

If you want to see creepy action figure chicks, check out Sideshow's babysitter from the Dead series. There is some creepy and lolita at the same time.

edit: had to dig up the link..
              Sideshow Collectibles, Inc. - The Dead / Subject 1025: The Babysitter
              That is one CREEEEPY toy.

"Ceepy" like "zombie" creepy...not "dirty old man" creepy....
              not that there's anything wrong with either

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

I feel dirty just looking at that doll. Has anyone checked out the website...She (it) is fully anatomically correct....
                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Well, CY Girls provides you with all your "chicks with guns" needs:
                  Toys N Joys Online - Cy Girls - Collectible Figures
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎