Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Thanks Dave! I hope you will cherish that image of me forever!

Comment

• Hotfoot
      Dazed and Confused
      • Dec 30, 2007

Great fun. Sorry I had to miss it. I'm tired just reading about the meet! Hopefully next year. I may have to ditch out of my annual meeting early. It ends on Friday at noon!

Looks like I won some books! I'll have to read them with my 7 year old as she is starting to read.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Hotfoot; Jun 10, '09, 7:20 PM.
      Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Awseome recap. Feels like I just relived the meet all over again. Congrats on picking up
        the elusive Parker AE at last!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

See?

That's why I have not gone to a Meet...there's no reason too...Dave's blow-by-blow play is like being there...plane and hotel money saved right there...

sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Dave, I love ya, man and I'm thrilled you got the custom figure in honor of all that hard work. But I have no time to read this, will you please do a podcast?
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Seriously though...I was even touched when they presented you with that very cool signed Rommie custom of you...what a classy and nice touch...you deserved it my friend.
                sigpic

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks for the update Dave. Even though I've never been able to get there, I always appreciate al lthe stuff you and Chris and the others do to put this together. Not only that, but when its all said and done, you guys never get the chance to rest because you have to give the rest of us blow by blow accounts of what went on.

Thanks to you and all the others who "put it on the line" for this web-site, for Mego Meet, and all that it has become!!!
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

Thanks for the report Dave. The figure of you is just great...no wonder you need a tissue!

Comment

• Sowth
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 14, 2006

Awesome report Dave, I feel like I was there :-)

Cheers,
                      Will

PS - Full set of MM Cards AND Menudo?? Does it get any better???
                      Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Wonderfully put Dave, you deserve a lot of credit for taking this on for the past five years. Mego collecting in general, is made a lot more fun thanks to this, at least it is for me but I think others feel the same.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Thanks for the recap. I will make it there some year. Would have been there this year if the Arkansas Razorbacks, the team I cover for my paper, had not made it to a Super Regional in Tallahasse.

But the Hogs beat Florida State in two games and are off to Omaha for the College World Series. They play Cal State Fullerton at 1 CSt on Saturday.

But, its been a good mego custom week for me, I won the Dr. Strange in the auction, Mego Spidey sold me two fantastic customs of Luthor and Green Goblin, Black Night's Cyborg Superman made it my way, too.

So even though I didn't make it mego meet, I'm broke but happy.

Here's some pics (not very good ones I'm afraid) of the figures with a number of other custom villains, including work by Mego Spidey (Goblin and Luthor, Ed Nagy (Toyman, Prankster and Gorilla Grodd), Brian Leitner (sivanna, Two Face, Harley Quinn and Poisin ivy) and Black Knight (Cyborg Superman, Red Lantern. Sinestro and Bizzaro).
                          Mxy is a Black Knight head with my paints, in CVT clothes and Ras Al ghul is a Brian Leitner suit, with a head by somebody with my paints.

Comment

• Monsterama2000
                            Creepy and Kooky!
                            • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                            61) Vintage Kirk/Spock/Klingon – Eric Bagner
                            I was wondering if this was me, since the first and last names are close to mine.

Well, I wonder no more! They came in the mail today. Now that's a speedy delivery.

Thanks Dave and Brian and everyone else that put this raffle together.
                            Erick
                            sigpic
                            Wonderful Wonderblog

Comment

• Dave Mc
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 20, 2002

Poor Chris, we're pulling out lots and he's trying to type them all in on the fly, then we shout out a name, so he does the best he can to keep up. Then I take his list and copy and paste it into the post. So if there are typos and misspellings, don't be too hard on us!

Wow, those just went out Tuesday. I packed up some more last night, and still have a few more to do, so the rest probably wont go out until Monday. I like to get all this stuff done ASAP, just so I can have my garage space back.

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Wonderful recap Dave, makes me even sadder I couldn't be there. And what a great Romulan custom, now how cool is that...
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎