X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Exhausted yet Recharged: My Recap

I sit here sick, tired and downright dizzy but also happy and spiritually recharged currently, it's an odd place. The Meet always does that to me, the worst thing that happened this weekend was the coffee I got at a rest area. This kind of vibe ia addicting and leaves you wanting more.

It's always good to see the familiar faces and meet new folks and their families. I spent the entire weekend talking; no wonder I can't speak now. It's likely because you don't get this kind of opportunity much, to yap with like minded people, folks who don't glossily stare at you when you mention "custom" or "kresge card".

I think that's the beauty of the event, I sat down for a while and just listened to the crowd noises and would pick up key words like "repro", "eBay", "aqua man", "glove" and "shipped" coming from all directions, it's just a room of pure unadulterated toylove.

I also saw something very clearly this weekend as well, Mego collecting has changed considerably since I first started this gig. It’s growing and it’s becoming something new, I believe it to be positive but I think we’re going to see it morph much more in the future. The biggest culprit behind this is that Paul Clarke fellow and his crusade but credit can also go to those Cast-A-Way guys and anyone who ever put paint to a resin head.

The show always seems to fly by as does the dinner afterward, if I could sit down with those same people every month for dinner, I would never miss.

Anyway. Kudos to Dave for an excellent event/ To Tom L for being a go to guy and photographer, to Paul Clare and his “mego suite”, I swear he’s a cyborg of some kind, he never slept. Chris Johnson and his tireless custom efforts. Also everybody who set up or attended, I just want to say thanks for making it such a super event. I don’t think my brain can name everybody right now but I can honestly say, it was a joy meeting you or seeing again.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

right on brother.

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

Great report, I wish I could have been there. It will be interesting to see where it morphs from here..
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Riffster
        Atomic batteries to power
        • Jun 29, 2008

that's it can i reserve my room for next year now?
        Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
        And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

good on ya, Brian. It was a pleasure meeting you.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

sounds like everyone had a blast
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Megospidey
              Museum Webslinger
              • Jul 26, 2006

The "snapshot" of the weekend that will stand out in my mind is seeing Brian (Palitoy) and Jason (gaga4toyz) talking to each other eye to eye

Good to see you again Brian - even though we didn't get to chat much.

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Megospidey
                The "snapshot" of the weekend that will stand out in my mind is seeing Brian (Palitoy) and Jason (gaga4toyz) talking to each other eye to eye

Good to see you again Brian - even though we didn't get to chat much.
                I know what ya mean preach, I felt like a kid who wandered into conversion with the "grown folks"... Tall people, what'r ya gonna do.

BTW I am still geeking over my Captain America, it's sitting in front of me right now. You are as talented as you are cool...

Right on "B", or as Art would say "Awe yea Mego Mindedness"...

-Dave

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Sounds like a really great event as always. Next year, I'll be back I swear!!!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• trekman101
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2009

As I said in my post.....IT WAS A BLAST I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the meet until the last minute...but I'm sure glad I did I could have stayed another day I wanted to go with my 6 year old son to see if he would get into this hobby....and on the way home all I heard was "daddy when we get home can we play with the mego's" Well I guess he had a good time
                    It was so wonderful to meet everyone(I'm a little shy so it took me a little time to warm up to everyone)and talk to people who don't look at me funny when I talk about the stuff we talk about
                    "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Great Report. Sounds like you had a Blast
                      Sammy

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢