• Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

Comment

• 60'schild
      Silver Haired Silver Ager
      • Mar 27, 2009

Nice pics!

Had them all as a kid but only one lone Zogg now.... nice memories!!

(never thought of customizing a Zem 21 though!!)

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Zemo
        The one you speak of is Zemo, he also came in blue, sometime his name is on and most often not. He goes from 800-1200 loose.
        thanks I could not remember his name, so he was found in blue to.
        800-1200 seems to be the right range for him.

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

Cool stuff for sure.
          never seen them as a kid up here or I would have had/wanted them!!
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 20, 2008

The ultra-rare Zeroid "Zemo" was a combination of the three main Zeroids (with slightly altered parts). They seemed to have been more prevalent in the UK than the US. Most I ever see are from the UK or Japan.

Sean

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

mind if I borrow these to help me pay off some bills?
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I have Zeroid but alas he was slightly damaged when I tried, in vain, to replace the bulbs inside him. Apparently they were not intended to be replaced.

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

I had three of them. I don't remember ever seeing the packaging, so it's likely that they were a christmas gift. I never had any idea what their names were, but I had the Darth Vader guy ('Dark Helmet' from Spaceballs?), the silver C3PO guy with the green head and the R2D2 guy with the plus and minus hands. Were those the only three basic characters? (I saw the pictures of all the R2D2 guy variations, but I mean were there any completely different ones?)
                  Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• david_b
                    Never had enough toys..
                    • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                    I dig the STAR team. Just picked up an mib Knight a bit back. very cool

I would not say they are on crappy bodies. The Knight is a Captain Action body cast in black plastic. He makes an awesome foe (or friend) for the Cap. The JJ Armes body for Zem is cool as well in all its vac chromed ness. The above Action boy/Zem/JJ kitbash makes for an AWESOME spacesuit AB. The ship is pretty fun as well.

Insofar as getting on the Star Wars wagon, well... why not. The STAR TEAM was already trademarked by Ideal, and all the body parts (aside from the portraits) were reused. Made some good sense. BTW - The Lucas lawsuit failed for the abovementioned reasons.

cool toys. Now, if I could only find a Kent and his Cosmic Cruiser. Aw Yeah
                    Tell me about it..! I'd LOVE to find a Cosmic Cruiser for a number of figures..: My Action Boy, my Denys Tom Baker, Reed Richards.., the list goes on.
                    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      About six months ago, there was a guy on Ebay selling repro treads.
                      I was broke at the time...
                      I have the blue Zeroid, also minus decayed treads!

I still like the series, and would love to expand it someday, especially after seeing these pics.
                      The demand is hit-and-miss on Zeroids..: I had a VERY sparsely used, vintage rubber track (from my original Zintar..) and it took me months to sell it on eBay, even at $9.99. No cracking, very well preserved.

Ah, well.

david_b
                      Last edited by david_b; Jul 14, '09, 9:22 AM.
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by generic
                        I had three of them. I don't remember ever seeing the packaging, so it's likely that they were a christmas gift. I never had any idea what their names were, but I had the Darth Vader guy ('Dark Helmet' from Spaceballs?), the silver C3PO guy with the green head and the R2D2 guy with the plus and minus hands. Were those the only three basic characters? (I saw the pictures of all the R2D2 guy variations, but I mean were there any completely different ones?)
                        In the later 70s Star Team line there was also a human character, a Luke Skywalker type, with a "spaceship" (which I think was just the Evel Knievel canyon jumper). I think that was it. As far as robots go, there were no other robots to the Star Team line up aside from the 'zeroid' (r2d2) and the c3po type guy. The only other 'zeroids' were part of the earlier Ideal Zeroids toy line, which didn't overlap this version of Star Team.

Sean

Comment

• Al Barrett
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 16, 2008

I love those ZEROIDS...anyone knows something about ASTROID robot by Durham industries?

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
                            In the later 70s Star Team line there was also a human character, a Luke Skywalker type, with a "spaceship" (which I think was just the Evel Knievel canyon jumper). I think that was it. As far as robots go, there were no other robots to the Star Team line up aside from the 'zeroid' (r2d2) and the c3po type guy. The only other 'zeroids' were part of the earlier Ideal Zeroids toy line, which didn't overlap this version of Star Team.

Sean
                            I don't think Kent's Cosmic Cruiser was the exact canyon jumper. I think they retooled the cockpit, if not more. Kent was on a 9" body and Evel was a bendy 7 and I don't think anything larger than that would have fit in the canyon jumper.

Anyone have a Kent? Cosmic Cruiser?

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                              I don't think Kent's Cosmic Cruiser was the exact canyon jumper. I think they retooled the cockpit, if not more. Kent was on a 9" body and Evel was a bendy 7 and I don't think anything larger than that would have fit in the canyon jumper.

Anyone have a Kent? Cosmic Cruiser?
                              Yes, the cockpit was retooled slightly (basically just pushed back the seat), but it was the same vehicle:

Sean

Comment

• rche
                                channeling Bob Wills
                                • Mar 26, 2008

Looks to be a fairly extensive retool. The dimensions from the cockpit back are all redone. Wings look to be pushed out more as well. I'd like to see an in scale side to side of these sometime. The EK thing is hard enough to find tho. Is that your cruiser?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎