Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Legacy" Numbering....What's Your Opinion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Go one way or the other I say. Keeping your collection organized is tricky enough without reverting to original numbering partway through a run.

I mean Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman, Spectacular Spiderman, Peter Parker Spiderman, Spectacular Spiderman drives me nuts enough without jumps in Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Amazing Spiderman, and Thor volumes and numbering. Particularly all the Cap renumbering.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

It all boils down to GREED! They want the sales push of a new #1 but then after a year sales have dropped down again, if it takes that long. or they want to push the idea of a new creative team which again will change in another year or 6 months. they just want the bucks these pushes will get them. Until they realize Oh if you add them up were near a anniversary # so let's bring back the old numbering to get another sales push using the higher #'s. Just stand by a title and keep the numbers climbing, if sales dip make the book better don't relauch it. if it a core title LEAVE IT ALONE as far as numbering goes. with this genre fans old and new want to be able to go back and follow the hero's or team's history and they want it in a straight line to make it flow easier for them. they and I don't want to jump around between 6 different series to figure out how a characters life goes. no easier way to lose interest if you cant follow thier story, plain and simple!
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

I do think consolidating Spiderman into one almost-weekly title was a step in the right direction. It makes much more sense than the Superman triangle numbering to me. Rather than pass the baton from a different creative team each week, let each one do a story arc with a strong editorial hand keeping all the continuity elements flowing.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MEMEGO
          Career Member
          • Sep 6, 2007

change the numbering, or dont change the numbering, do it, but do it because, you want to . not for a gimmick and the change it again.

Comment

• MEMEGO
            Career Member
            • Sep 6, 2007

one continuous mumbering on batman, superman sounds good to me. only problem is if i really like the creative team, i would not want them to leave after 2 or 4 or 6 issues, i rather have them around as long as they want to do the book, what ya all think??

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
              I prefer the legacy numbering myself. There's something about a book at #600 or 700 that I think is just cool. I understand Adventure will also have the legacy number on it (#504?) to show it is officially a continuation. I suspect (and hope) that the legacy number will eventually "take over" after the novelty of the re-launch wears off.
              You were right Apparently Adventure Comics will have the legacy numbering starting with #516. Up 'til now it's just been watermarked over the "current" numbering.

And Wonder Woman is also reverting to legacy numbering with #600, partly in thanks to a write-in postcard campaign.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• boynightwing
                That Carl Guy
                • Apr 24, 2002

DiDio is ruining DC. They need to axe that guy. Ever since I read that he had planned to kill Nightwing a few years back I've hated him. I'm sick of all the Crisis's and events. I just want to read my comics and not be concerned with the whole universe.

But back on topic....I'm glad they're bringing Wonder Woman to #600. She's earned it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎