X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livingdead70
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2009

This rumoured remake/reboot of Alien

I have been seeing this everywhere latly, and I dont think its a good idea.
    They have absolutly destroyed the Alien franchise over the past few years. And I think this is going to be the final nail on the coffin. What do you guys think? If you havent seen it its been on Topless Robot and BLoody Disgusting.
    trey
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I think they screwed this up Long ago....
    They Shoulda picked up,.. where part 4 left off,.. With Weaver & Pealman on some kinda weirdo Futuristic Earth ... They could incorperated the Predators in there as well,.. if they were so hell bent on adding them ...

That woulda been a Good Movie imo... Aliens 4 was my personal Fav of the Franchise..
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

I liked alien and aliens they should have ended it there.
      Great monster they just billy rayed it to death.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

BK's got a good idea there, too bad they didn't follow up on A4. Ron Perlman was a great addition to the Aliens universe.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

It's a waste of time. Why not just tell a new story instead of going the reboot path? The Alines Universe is open-ended as it is - there's absolutely NO need for a reboot! Watch, some Fox executive is going "Hmmm... y'know who'd make a good Ripley? Megan Fox! Yeah, she's just like Sigourney Weaver! And Shia Labeouf as Ash. It's GENIUS, I tells ya!"

What Fox should do is an out-of control, three-way free-for-all between armies of Aliens, Predators, and Space Marines, instead of a reboot or the two Aliens Vs. Predator flicks we were inflicted with.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

I hope not Aliens was a great sequel to ALIEN and everything after that has been successively worse. AVP was awful except for the actual fights between the aliens and predators. the "plot" was horrid.

the gestated alien has been done enough in alien and it's knockoffs. but terminatro salvation will make enough dough to make all these remakes look good to brainless executives out to turn a buck

Comment

• Seeker
              Neptunians RULE!
              • Feb 20, 2008

The different comic series were so much better then any movies after Alien 2.

I think the Alien Predator series would have worked alot better then the movie they came out with. I wondered why they never went with that?
              Lo there do I see my Father.
              Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
              Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
              Lo they do call me.
              They bid me take my place among them.
              In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Not really interested in an Alien remake, which seems like a cash grab to me, unless they can somehow add some compelling new twist to it, which doesn't seem likely.

I'm actually more interested in Robert Rodriguez's Predators. He's shown he can do over the top action, which I think is what that franchise demands.

The only characters that Aliens and Predators have not faced off against seems to be Abbott and Costello.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• unataper
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 8, 2007

Say it ain't so!!!!!!
                  For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Y'know, there's really no reason to remake the original. You could always have another ship encounter the alien. They're kinda like Jason; put 'em in a weird setting, add some victims and yer off to the races.

Don C.

Comment

• Megotu
                      jerk
                      • Dec 16, 2001

I think Aliens Vs Predator vs Scooby Doo would be a heluva kick in the pants movie.
                      Maybe that's kick in the nads....
                      sigpic

Comment

• kennermike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 4, 2007

Aliens vs Puff&stuff in the land of the lost? im ready for that version to come out!

Comment

• garagesale
                          Dept. of Mego Studies
                          • Aug 8, 2006

Yes, unnecessary.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• lepage
                            The Ape General
                            • Aug 12, 2001

I am waiting on a TPB series called "Newt's tale". I think it's a great concept that would make for a great film if we were shown exactly what happened after the mining operation was set up on LV-426 and the battle for survival that ensued against the aliens and the colonists with Newt being that main character.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎