Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Can't believe I didn't notice this thread before Fantastic news!
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• 60'schild
      Silver Haired Silver Ager
      • Mar 27, 2009

I think (if all goes well) that we're going to need another new subsection soon! (like with Castaways and EMCE).. since there are going to be a zillion questions (rather than just here on the custom section)

For example....

what's the target date for production of Wave 1?

Do you have approvals on ALL actor's likenesses?

Any restrictions on the license?

Comment

• 60'schild
        • Mar 27, 2009

Will distribution be solely from your own site or will it be available elsewhere (specialty and/or chain stores)...???

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I guess it's kind of cool news. I don't really remember the show, although I know I watched it as a kid.

But hey...it's more 8" Mego style Figures right?! I guess right now I'm more interested in your new Custom Body. I think the Draco Character would be good "Custom Fodder" for a Klingon? He sure looks the part.
          sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
            I think (if all goes well) that we're going to need another new subsection soon! (like with Castaways and EMCE).. since there are going to be a zillion questions (rather than just here on the custom section)

For example....

what's the target date for production of Wave 1?

Do you have approvals on ALL actor's likenesses?

Any restrictions on the license?
            Based on how things are going so far I feel like the figures will be available by Christmas.

Yes, I've got approvals on all of the actor's likenesses for the figures I have planned.

Other than being required to stick to the 8" scale format there are no real restrictions on the license.

Comment

• 60'schild
              • Mar 27, 2009

Thanks for the speedy answers..

I really wish you the best of success!!

I hope there are enough "old school" fans around, like me (love that nostalgia factor!) so that you'll have quite a few waves of this license

(Ardala, Dr. Huer, and many of the "alien" villains too!)

With luck it will lead to other licenses too !!! (Not to mention the prospect of a band-less "even more articulated body for customs, etc..).

Are they being sculpted by that other company (the one that had the license for the Buster Crabbe 12" Buck/Flash figures)??

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Dr. Huer?!

Eh, okay.

I want to see how the company does Wilma Dearing and Princess Ardala.

They were the only two females on the series, and I liked the way that they snapped at each other.

Are we going to see Twiki at one point?

Although I'd love to get my hands on Hawk and maybe his wife as a complete set.
                JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Thanks for the speedy answers..

I really wish you the best of success!!

I hope there are enough "old school" fans around, like me (love that nostalgia factor!) so that you'll have quite a few waves of this license

(Ardala, Dr. Huer, and many of the "alien" villains too!)

With luck it will lead to other licenses too !!! (Not to mention the prospect of a band-less "even more articulated body for customs, etc..).

Are they being sculpted by that other company (the one that had the license for the Buster Crabbe 12" Buck/Flash figures)??

Thanks!

No, the company that's doing the classic Buck/Flash figures didn't do the sculpting for me. A guy in California did the sculpts and I was really happy with how they turned out.

I forgot to answer your other question about where they will be sold. They'll be sold online through my website and hopefully through Previews (Diamond Comics).

Comment

• 60'schild
                    • Mar 27, 2009

Will you be waiting until you have final prototypes before "the big reveal" or is there any chance we can get a sneak peak at either the new body or the head sculpts??

(I'm only asking what everyone else is thinking!! LOL)

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                      Dr. Huer?!

Eh, okay.

I want to see how the company does Wilma Dearing and Princess Ardala.

They were the only two females on the series, and I liked the way that they snapped at each other.

Are we going to see Twiki at one point?

Although I'd love to get my hands on Hawk and maybe his wife as a complete set.
                      Wilma Dearing and Princess Ardala are planned for the second series, as well as Twiki.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Will you be waiting until you have final prototypes before "the big reveal" or is there any chance we can get a sneak peak at either the new body or the head sculpts??

(I'm only asking what everyone else is thinking!! LOL)

I'll post pics of the body after I approve the prototype and I'm expecting the first batch of pictures from the factory later in the week so hopefully they got the design right on the first try. As for the head sculpts, I'll post some pics of those on the other thread a little later tonight.

Comment

• 60'schild
                          • Mar 27, 2009

Excellent! Thank you, sir!!

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Can't believe I didn't see this thread before. New sculpts, new clothing and new bodies... how very exciting. And it's from a show I used to watch as a kid
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Great news that there will be more Mego like product out there. Been watching the show lately on RTN.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Ghostwriter71
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 23, 2009

I believe it was Ardala....

And that actress who played her (Pamela Hensley) was certainly fun to watch too!!

Pamela Hensley was totally sweet! I liked her on Matt Houston as well. She had an exotic beauty. It's a shame she disappeared from the scene after Houston. I really liked her!
                                *****************:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:***************** ********
                                Sci-Fi Fan, Writer, Collector, Model Builder.
                                Plastic Galaxy Models / http://www.plasticgalaxymodels.com

Author, "Testing the Prisoner"
                                Available from Amazon.com & Barnesandnoble.com
                                A Firebringer Press publication.

"Without fulfillment, hope is little more than the cruelest of life's jokes."
                                ****************:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:****************** ********

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎