Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Here you go Buk. Its just the front for now. My batteries ran out, and I need to unbury my charger from my MegoMeet Trip (its been that long since I used it), so more pix this weekend hopefully. Notice the front is nearly identical to Mego except the lack of Mego logo and other minor modern addons. The back is more realistic, with pix of the prototypes and Marty's mug.

I have a couple of comments about the packaging, but I think I may wait until these are in peoples hands to let the people speak. The look is great, and the concept is cool, but the execution leaves a bit to be desired.

Comment

• critter2
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 2, 2005

If you go by the packaging, looks like McCoy and the Romulan may be next?

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Actually the exact opposite. Spock and Andorian are next (and will be available to pre-order from me this weekend), then McCoy and the Romulan.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I repeat

Originally posted by critter2
          YES!!!!!!
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

No Fence for Me...I pre-Ordered a Whole Case a long time ago!
            sigpic

Comment

• AcroRay
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 17, 2005

Its a little odd how the peg holes are arranged. That might cause some problems for some retailers. But I expect that's easier than re-orienting the hole location for figures with different weights & balances.
              Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
              AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
              The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
              Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• marmes
                Megolomaniac
                • May 12, 2007

I walked into a comic book store in Burbank yesterday and picked up Kirk and Klingon.
                They are VERY cool.This clamshell packaging is weird though...you've gotta
                cut it w a pair of heavy scisssors and i dont think i could cut it straight enough around the edges w/o making them look ratty,so I'm just gonna leave them in their packaging.
                Admittedly,at first I was not really
                interested in these because i have all the real ones,but seeing them in person
                I HAD to get them.They are a wee bit different then the originals(most noticably Kirks face paint and emblem...Klingon looks pretty freakin' spot on!)but cool different...almost looks like a "variation" if you will.
                One other minor pet peeve w them is that none
                stood straight on the card,not a huge deal if you're planning on taking them out and playing..but as I said above,I want to leave mine carded and my Kirk looks like he's doing an Irish jig.Not complaining tho',just giving my honest thoughts on them although I realize that's pretty nit picky.Overall,the figures themselves are very cool...now i'm as excited as the rest of you guys to get the others pictured on the back!!Andorian and Romulan look awesome i wd think those were real
                If I didn't know better.The back is nothing like the Mego card but does feature an awesome x-mas catalog style diorama of all six locked in a phaser battle on a rock and some gravel.There's also a pic of Marty Abrams at the bottom with a blurb about Mego.All in all,I was on the fence...but seeing them in person I instantly caved in.
                Thanx!!Nice work,guys.
                _M
                Last edited by marmes; Jul 27, '07, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Excellent...Truly Excellent!

Now I only have to sit here for a few more days.....quietly waiting.....watching the clock....tick.....tick...tick....Waiting for the mailman.....Was that the doorbell?.....tick...tick
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by marmes
                    This clamshell packaging is weird though...you've gotta cut it w a pair of heavy scisssors and i dont think i could cut it straight enough around the edges w/o making them look ratty,so I'm just gonna leave them in their packaging.

_M
                    Thanks for the review. The packaging is one of the points I wanted someone else to make. That is a good warning though. Getting these out in a way that will best preserve the packaging isn't going to be easy. It was too much for my regular scissors. I am now thinking that box cutters with a sharp new blade or something equally industrial will be the best bet.

You have to cut it along three sides (opposed to just across the top like I thought when I saw them at MegoMeet). I also tried prying them apart without cutting, and the packaging is too fragile to accomplish this either.

Again, great concept, just not so great execution.

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

You are relentless! I didn't take any pix of the back yet. I will try to snap a few while I'm packing them this weekend. Weren't you at Mego Meet this year? Doc had them at his table.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

I just got my Diamond invoice and it shows that the two cases I ordered are shipping next week which means I'll have them on Thursday. After seeing the pics posted here I still think they made a mistake with the clamshell packaging but the figures and card art look great!

Comment

• K
                          Fun Will Now Commence
                          • Jun 20, 2001

Hulk,

Please...could you post a separate thread when you're ready to take preorders on the next two-packs??? I'd appreciate it!

I'll be waitin' by my mailbox for these little guys!
                          I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by K
                            Hulk,

Please...could you post a separate thread when you're ready to take preorders on the next two-packs??? I'd appreciate it!

I'll be waitin' by my mailbox for these little guys!
                            I definitely will. Keep an eye out for it tomorrow.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hulk

Awesome! Thanks for the pics Hulkster. I Just placed an order.

Praise be Shatner!!
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 10, 2007

Cool pics!!
                                Are all the Kirk belts worn old man style up around the chest???

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎