Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCofmisfittoys
    Banned
    • Oct 17, 2007

MAjor Matt Mason . I onjly have a few random pieces but wish I had the whole line.

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

Tomland 4" star raiders were awesome background aliens

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Thundercats.. UNDERRATED??
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

For me it would easily be Fisher Price Adventure People. These are still played with in my house by my kids.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by acrovader
            Thundercats.. UNDERRATED??
            I just bought the Thundercats Matty figures (all of them) only because I am a huge MOTUC fan and the 2 lines blend so well together.

I knew practically nothing about the whole Thundercats franchise, but then did some research... and, maybe it's my age (Thundercats overall being "after my time" so to speak), but I have to agree that the significance and/or quality of the original Thundercats toyline could be viewed as currently underrated.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Always liked Kenner's Bone Age collection since I picked up a bunch of them from a bargain store chain in the early 90s.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

Sectaurs.
                Visionaries.

Comment

• acrovader
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by huedell
                  I just bought the Thundercats Matty figures (all of them) only because I am a huge MOTUC fan and the 2 lines blend so well together.

I knew practically nothing about the whole Thundercats franchise, but then did some research... and, maybe it's my age (Thundercats overall being "after my time" so to speak), but I have to agree that the significance and/or quality of the original Thundercats toyline could be viewed as currently underrated.
                  It was a successful toyline that also had a popular cartoon. It has quite a significant following. Hardly underrated by any means.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Sectaurs, now and forever!!!

Those Bone Age toys look fun and well-made, cavemen and dinos are evergreen.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 6, '17, 5:07 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

LJN Dungeons & Dragons.

The best of toys that may have had less of a demand.

Action figures and non movable figures.

Some of the greatest imagination and creativity ever.

The toyline had one of the most unique and most fantastic playset in history.

The Fortress of Fangs!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^ That is a really beautiful line , the FOF playset is awesome.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TomStrong
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          I don't think Thudercats get enough love. Generally very high quality sculpts, and nice sturdy figures with pretty awesome action features.

Inhumanoids.

The Real Ghost Busters. Again, fun action features can really make a toy line. Particularly on the Monster and creatures toys.
                          I had Thundercats as a kid and loooved them. Even had the Thundertank. Great sculpts and really sturdy. I loved the Silverhawks cartoon and thought the toys were great but somehow never got them.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by acrovader
                            It was a successful toyline that also had a popular cartoon. It has quite a significant following. Hardly underrated by any means.
                            Not true.

Depends on the context.

I was meaning it from a 2017 perspective... and certainly not in competition with toylines I never even heard of.

You make good points... and, hey, you may even be correct about the intent of this thread (altho' I highly doubt it, as Thundercats was kind of the "jumping off point" here)...

... but, also, you don't have a monopoly on what "underrated" in the context of toylines means.

Carry on though. Glad this thread got resurrected! It's an interesting topic for this crowd!
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Silverhawks was a line I was very tempted by, but I never pulled the trigger either. I was getting to the end of my toy playing days. Kenner took the main wing-pop gimmick and gave it to my favorite Michael Keaton Batman in The Dark Knight Collection line.

I did have a few of The Real Ghostbusters...man, those things were just a lot of fun. Great toys. Kenner was tops for quality and play value back then.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I always thought Kenner's Megabug Gladiators should have been a bigger hit.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎