Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

must recheck my walmarts. i want them gi joes.

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Couple of questions for you guys who have found these:

- Where at Walmart are they? I've checked with the other action figures with zero luck, and only found two today when I stumbled across them mis-shelved with the RC vehicles.

- Have all yours come with [BI]all[/BI] their accessories? I think somone opened and swiped parts from the ones I found, which were both missing their AT stickers, and dogtags. One was missing his holster/pistol, and the other had a damaged suit that's had the zipper ripped out.

- Is the black Adventurer supposed to have fuzzy hair? The one I just got has painted hair, but the blonde I got has fuzz.

I can't believe that at under $10, some Joe collector felt he had to rob the accessories and then return them for his $$ back, but then again, if they're like 25% of the people I meet at toy shows, I shouldn't be surprised.

Thanks for any info,

--Pat

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Only one of the Walmarts in my area have gotten them so far. They were directly under the Sigma 6 pegs.

They all had there accessories. I made sure to look over the boxes to see if they had been opened or the tape looked tampered with.

I haven't gotten the Black Adventurer yet, but they all have fuzzy hair. It's either a factory error or someone switched out the heads.

It really sucks when people do that. Lot of jerks out there.

[edit]

I forgot to mention, My blond Air Adventurer doesn't have the AT decal on his outfit. All the rest do. I've seen pics of him with and without the decal. The box looked factory sealed. So I am guessing it is a factory error.
        Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 7, '07, 2:11 PM.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 18, 2007

OK gang, here is the scoop I got directly from two different sources at Wal-Mart. August is when the stores start to rearrange their inventory in preperation for Christmas. Among other things the rearrange to provide more shelves for toys. Once the rearranging starts they keep all new inventory in the back until they get the existing stuff relocated. The new Joe figures are arriving right in the middle of this. Depending on where the store is in their rearranging, they could put them out any time between now and the end of the month.

I have been to four different Wal-Marts multiple times in the last week. One of them finally had the figures out yesterday morning. They only had a total of about fifteen figures when I got there. I got one complete set and one extra black figure. Of the eight or nine left there was not enough to make a full set. They had duplicates of the Land Adventurer, Air Adventurer, and Man of Action but it looks like the Sea Adventurer and black figure are going to be the harder ones to locate. Fors the grand total of $64 it cost me though I am extremely pleased.

I hope this information helps everyone out with their search and buying decisions.

I opened my Land Adventurer last night and he has same black Lugar as the Hot Topic figures! Everyone else has the .38 revolver, including the Man of Action, who never had one. I wonder how they got it in their heads that the Land Adventurer had a different gun?
          Last edited by Sweep Secondhand; Aug 9, '07, 7:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          - Sweep

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
            Career Member
            • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by Sweep Secondhand
            I wonder how they got it in their heads that the Land Adventurer had a different gun?
            I'll do you one better....
            I wonder why they got it in their heads to even put the guns with the shoulder harness with them in the first place???

The KFG figures are supposed to have rifles, not the shoulder harness and revlovers. The air adventurer did come with one or the other, but not the rest as far as I know.

Probably the same nimrod that decided to do the Air Adventurer in the Sea Adventurer outfit for MAjier and Urban Outfitters exclusive.

Lynn

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

From what I understand the hard hand Adventure Team figures came with either rifles or holsters. The Kung Fu Grip Adventure Team figures were the same as the hard hand AT figures except for the hands and they came with just rifles.

So you could say we are kind of getting the best of both worlds.

Except for the Kung Fu Grip hands, I think the WallyWorld AT figures are using the exact same molds and outfits as the Timeless collection hard hand reissues. That would also explain the reuse of the holsters.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 18, 2007

As far as I am aware and can remember, the hard hand figures came exclusively with the shoulder holster and pistols except for the Man of Action who did not get anything. When the KFG was introduced, the first few runs of figures still had the shoulder holsters. I don't remember if the boxes were the original AT style with no mention of the KFG or the later style depicting the rifle in the artwork but there were KFG figures with the pistols. Then everything was changed over to the new box art that emphasized the KFG and had the rifles depicted on it and all the figures got rifles until the end of the line. Part of the reason I remember this is that I had one of the first KFG figures with the pistols and then a few months later the kid across the street got the Land Adventurer in the new box with the rifle. I thought I had been ripped off!
                - Sweep

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, I grew up with Joes and still have my first one in the box (talking commander) from 1972. The box artwork truly tells the story. The hard hand Joes had the shoulder holsters and the KFG were introduced with rifles as the box artwork illustrates. I even have the commercials for the KFG figure and the holster is not there. You can probably reference that commercial on Youtube for your own viewing pleasure. Without a doubt these are the overstocked remains from the 40th anniversary figures and accessories. Overall their good figures, but as I mentioned on my other thread, I hate the flocking for the two Man of Action figures I got. It's hard at the moment to trade them for a replacement since there really isn't any to find. I returned one for a refund. I originally tripped across them just out of dumb luck (that's why I bought them both). I've been to every freakin' Walmart countless times for the past week. It kills me how they can have almost all of the toys out of the isle and not stock anything for days! Great sales strategy...
                  :die:

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

I was at a Wal-Mart today and they had a whole end cap full of these figures so for those of you who haven't found them yet keep checking.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

A few historical discrepancies to note. All of the boxes have the same Joe head over the "J" in the name irregardless of the character you purchased. The original boxes always had the matching head of the character (Sea Adventurer, Air, etc.). One other note. On the Black Adventurer the bottom of the cover says "Life-like hair AND beard". He doesn't come with a beard. They didn't make this error on the Man of Action but they did here. Minor discrepancies but clearly quality control failed with this line on many different levels.

Comment

• AAAAA
                        Permanent Member
                        • Oct 28, 2005

They seemed to use third issue box art( with the high powered rifle)
                        and gave them all sholder holsters,
                        First released Man of action came only with Pill box hat,rank patches sheet, and metal dog tag,and green uniform.

Comment

• AAAAA
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 28, 2005

Walmart Fishkill N.Y. got another shipment this time all "Man of action. "so i bought one, now my retro collection is complete.

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

for those still looking... you might want to read my response in this thread...

Even though I was able to gather two sets of this series (thanks to a friend of mine who caught them when they were just put out on the floor) I have never actually seen them on the shelves (save for the Man of Action) and it doesn't look like their getting put out with these new seasonal set ups. Should we consider this series
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎