Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do you think CTVT's did -- making money, that is ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Do they have any kind of presence here on the forums? It seems odd to me that a company that sells this stuff doesn't have some kind of voice around here. It would seem like these people are the demographic, especially since they are just selling parts and things. Of course, every time someone mentions them it seems like they are getting bashed (with exceptions of course.)

I never bought from them. (scared, I guess)

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• yokaijohn
      Keep it coolin', baby
      • Oct 1, 2008

CTVT is a great Customizing resource!
      Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
        I don't know all the details but it has something to do with the rights to use Robert Reed's likeness (or something like that). I think when he died, whoever owns the rights to his "likeness" (for lack of a better term) won't let anyone use it. Either that or he himself had some sort of legal thing not allowing anyone to use him. If you notice, all the Brady Bunch merchandise since he died (maybe even before?) has no Mr. Brady(Robert Reed) in it. Usually replaced by Alice and/or the Brady Bunch logo or both.
        Like I said, I don't know all the details but it's some kind of legal thing.

Rich
        GOSH!!!! Even after death? Man thats a pity,...as i have a set myself and custom made one using a curly haired CTV Space 1999 figure,...(had to re-work the mouth into a smile.)
        Right After their Munsters line,..they should have continued with I dream of Jeannie, Addams Family, Bonanza, Star Trek crew and Aliens, Charlies Angels, etc...maybe they would have stayed long in the business!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
          Hmmmm....

Seriously, how many Fonzies does a person need? (It would have been a good idea if they had a lower price point I think. As it was, they were still kinda pricey for an impulse buy; which an army of Fonzie's would be. I hope. It scares me to think someone wakes up one day and says "I could REALLY use a whole whack of 8" Fonzies, in different outfits....")

Don C.
          Actually I'm one of those "wacko's". When I noticed they were going for $5.00 a pop on the card, I thought, "Why not?" Getting all of the Fonzies cost me less than what it would to buy one EMCE figure so I considered that good value. Let's face it, their having a fire sale, so I'm jumping in while their dirt cheap. I'm trying to plan out what I'm going to customize over the next few months and order stuff now while I can get it for bargain basement prices. No one can beat those prices while it lasts.
          Last edited by MIB41; Jul 1, '09, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 9, 2008

I did the same thing , once the prices fell , I snatched up one of each , and few extra's to customize.
            In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Actually I heard that I Love Lucy was a real success for CTVT. I liked thier stuff, warts and all.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 27, 2004

The have made some amazing parts and have been a great resource for customizers (or kitbashers) like myself.

The packaging for the knights and robin hood lines were really well done, too. And the figures weren't bad - put a real Type 1 Body on them and they were great!

Their headsculps were also, generally, pretty good. You have to give them credit they really did capture the "mego" feel with their designs.

But like others, I really wish they would have stuck to more "action" lines and I would have paid a couple more bucks for a better quality product. Clearly some of the things we aksed for (Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc. were available). But I've done a lot of customs that wouldn't have been possible without their products.

I would love to see them leverage the Castaway Body and make another run at it. I would be way more excited about their prodcuts if it had that superior body.
                Last edited by Corellian Corvette; Sep 6, '09, 2:06 AM.
                Like M.A.S.K.?
                www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I whole heartedly agree. I have invested alot of money in outfits and assessories. I hope they hang on and jump back into the ring. I think they are still completely valid. I too would not have made as many customs without their assistance. In fact I may not have gotten into it at all if I didn't have them as a resource. Their common outfits and parts are priced very competitively.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎