Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do you think CTVT's did -- making money, that is ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yokaijohn
    Keep it coolin', baby
    • Oct 1, 2008

Back in April They(CTVT) Had E-Mailed me and Asked me what I would like to see next.
    Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I don't think CTVT has any plans of going anywhere. Their a great resource for clothes and assessories, plus they ship really fast. I could not have completed many of my customs without them, so I'm glad they remain in business. As far as figure lines go, I liked the Munsters and Knights. The West figures were a little harder sell because the outfits were often too small for the figures plus the window boxes where cheap looking. I really like the spirit of everything they ventured into though, especially Happy Days. I took the Fonzie clothes and put those on old Mego Fonzies I had. Great, great replacement parts. I like what they have evolved into these days...sort of a custom parts company. Completely valid and I would think successful on that level.
      Last edited by MIB41; Jun 15, '09, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I like what they have evolved into these days...sort of a custom parts company.

In some ways they're the anti-Doc Mego. The Doc started with customs, built up his skills and repitoire, built up the business and today releases high end Mego-esque figures. CTVT went the other route; jumped in with both feet, had to deal with tons of problems right away, and scared off a lot of buyers with inferior merchandaise from their intial runs.

It's too bad, 'cos their later stuff was really good. But the early accqireres had already been put off by that point. Maybe someday they'll make figures again. (There were roumors they had a relaunch of the 8" Tomlands.... perhaps they could release the heads? That'd be cool, 'cos I still need two....)

Don C.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 9, 2008

I purchased most of what they made , although I was very dissapointed , but I regualy use them for custom parts now. If they want to get more into accessories / Outfits / Better Rotocast heads then I think they will do well in that arena. I have contacted them numerous times about future releases and never get a response so I can only assume they were letting the lines die. I am surprised to hear someone was contacted about what we would like to see next.
          In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• yokaijohn
            Keep it coolin', baby
            • Oct 1, 2008

Originally posted by yokaijohn
            Back in April They(CTVT) Had E-Mailed me and Asked me what I would like to see next.
            I Emailed them back with some Ideas,But So far all they've added are Devil Capes(one of my suggestions),And some more heads.P.S.:I Have been Happy with most of the stuff(Bodies,Out-fits,Etc.) I've ordered from them(CTVT).And the very few times there was a problem they would always send a replacement with my next order.
            Last edited by yokaijohn; Jun 16, '09, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

They need to get more of the tuxes made, one of the nicer products they did. I don't get why they had so many problems with the 8 inch male and female bodies, the kid and teen sizes were well done.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megomonkey
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 24, 2002

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                Who wouldn't want an Uncle Arthur figure?
                Rich
                A key figure, indeed.

Comment

• yokaijohn
                  Keep it coolin', baby
                  • Oct 1, 2008

Originally posted by megomonkey
                  A key figure, indeed.
                  Thinking of making a custom one myself.

Comment

• 60'schild
                    Silver Haired Silver Ager
                    • Mar 27, 2009

Right up there with Doctor Bombay!!

Comment

• yokaijohn
                      Keep it coolin', baby
                      • Oct 1, 2008

............And Tabitha.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I think they produced too much too fast. I think they expected to make tons of money, but some of the properties they had (Lucy and esp. Married with Children) weren't lines Mego collectors wanted. Lucy collectors have the nicer Mattel dolls to collect, so the ugly 8" ones didn't appeal to them much, I'd guess. I have some of their bodies for customs, and they are as bad as everyone says they are. They did a decent job with the Mad Monsters, as I do enjoy my set of those. The Munsters seem well made. If they'd stuck with this kind of quality and fun TV lines with more broad genre appeal, I think they would have done well.

Overall, I'd say they did well at first, but the glut of merchandise, and the lack of quality probably made the line a failure over all.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>I think they produced too much too fast.

I kinda thought that too.... They may have been thrown by the initial lines selling so well that they thought there was a lot more demand out there than there actually was. The first few lines were Mego reissues, so there was a ready made audience there. Later stuff not so much. (And how many Fonzies does a person need, anyhoo?)

Don C.

Comment

• 60'schild
                            Silver Haired Silver Ager
                            • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                            I'd like to see them succeed if only for the mere fact that competition makes for better prices on our end.
                            Rich
                            How True.. and sometimes helps raise quality levels all around!!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

I would like to see them continue to release new product as well, but it appears they're just liquidating whatever stock they have left, as things sell out they haven't been restocked. It's too bad really, I think with some more adventure oriented characters as opposed to sit coms, and by addressing a fwe quality issues they could reach a larger market than they did in the past.

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

So why did they never make a Mr Brady? That seems like a really glaring omission when even Alice gets a figure.
                                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎