Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

I got it...and I love it!! Had some friends over the weekend and we had a blast playing the game!!!!

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

OK....I've been hearing waaay too much Yellow Submarine in my house now.....
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I picked the premium bundle up last week but had not had a chance to play it until last night. what a great game.....it's fun for the whole family....played it all night

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Joe90
          Paulie says it'll broaden the appeal of the Beatles and their music. That's a good thing.

Still, I wish Apple Corp would buy the rights from King Features's The Beatles Saturday Morning Cartoon and pay off McFarlane to use these guys...

And hire a group of animators to produce a new animated series.

Can you think of a beter way to expose a whole new generation to The Beatles?
          Actually, I heard that this process was actually on the table again except they wanted to focus on a more mature Beatles group lineup with more modern animation. I think Paul and Ringo and George's wife had given the thumbs up to the animation but Yoko Ono had not returned her input or thoughts on the John Lennon portion of it. I don't know how reliable this source was or if it had any wee bit of truth to it but I could have sworn I seen some ideas.

It is supposed to be an animation with a more of a modern Yellow Submarine feel to it and was aimed at teenagers and above to get people interested in the Beatles music again. I have the link somewhere let me look. I am on all these dang Beatles boards. I should really cut them down to one. LOL

You know, another thought about this Beatles Rock Band thing. I am just not a fan of these games. I am not sure.
          You push green, red, blue and white buttons or something in place of guitar chords and hit three or four colored pads in place of drums?

How about a computer animated game showing kids some music theory instead of this goofy around with a plastic guitar and colored buttons? Kids probably wouldn't want to play it then. They might actually learn something like, how to play a real instrument.

I don't know. To me, I have never been a fan of Guitar Hero and all these goofy pretend to be a rockstar games. I think if John Lennon were alive he'd think it was a load of crap and there would be no Beatles Rockband on the market right now. He had the common sense not to jump on a gimmick like Paul or Dingo (Ringo) LOL.
          Last edited by Cosmicman; Sep 19, '09, 7:08 PM.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• jimbutsu
            Memory *is* RAM!
            • Apr 11, 2002

Funny you mention that... I'm having a devil of a time figuring out the drum patterns with the colorbuttonscrollbardealiebobber, whereas I could probably play them JUST FINE if they were actually written out on a staff!

Great hand-eye and tool and decent metronome... not so much on the music side of things.
            "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎