Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juanimal
    • Mar 18, 2009

Child size mego bodies?

can any one please tell me if the neck stumps on regular mego bodies will fit the smaller ones like the little rascals or kid size?
    Just wondering?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

just based off the CTVT ones, the hole's a bit smaller on the kid bodies, so if its a resin head, you'd have to widen the hole a bit.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• almitysufx
      Persistent Member
      • May 27, 2004

I believe they are smaller. Here's a pic of a mego type 2 next to a ctvt teen, then a ctvt child. I figure the ctvt bodies have to be close to mego's smaller bodies and you can see the graduation in the pic.

Comment

• darklord1967
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by juanimal
        can any one please tell me if the neck stumps on regular mego bodies will fit the smaller ones like the little rascals or kid size?
        Just wondering?
        Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

The way you worded your question makes it just a little bit un-clear what it is that you're asking. But I will try to help.

I assume that you are asking if the neck plug on a regular (adult) MEGO head sculpt will fit into the smaller neck hole of a Lion Rock or "Our Gang" size torso.

The answer is no, it will not. The neck plug for adult-sized character head sculpts is far too large to fit the smaller neck holes on the Lion Rock and / or "Our Gang" torsos.

The only way to make them fit is to enlargen the neck hole on the Lion Rock or "Our Gang" torsos with a rotary tool like a Dremel.
        I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• juanimal
          • Mar 18, 2009

thanks for the pics

Thank you for showing me pics of the 3 bodies , especially the neck sizes. Looks like the stumps I make my heads with will work,, the customizer will just have to widen the neck hole just a bit. You guys are all wonderful with all your technical help!!!
          All th Mego community rocks!!!
          Make mine Mego!!!
          Juanimal

Comment

• juanimal
            • Mar 18, 2009

Thanks dark lord

Originally posted by darklord1967
            The way you worded your question makes it just a little bit un-clear what it is that you're asking. But I will try to help.

I assume that you are asking if the neck plug on a regular (adult) MEGO head sculpt will fit into the smaller neck hole of a Lion Rock or "Our Gang" size torso.

The answer is no, it will not. The neck plug for adult-sized character head sculpts is far too large to fit the smaller neck holes on the Lion Rock and / or "Our Gang" torsos.

The only way to make them fit is to enlargen the neck hole on the Lion Rock or "Our Gang" torsos with a rotary tool like a Dremel.
            Just looked at the fotos showing the 3 size bodies, you are correct sir, The only reason I asked is that I am finishing up ape heads that would be child size compared to the regular mego bodies!
            Will show pics next week after making the molds for the second wave!!
            Make mine Mego!!!
            Juanimal

Comment

• AndyM
              • Oct 4, 2009

I just logged on to ask this question (adult FTC head on FTC teen bodies) but the photo comparison is gone...
              Anyone have an updated version?
              Visit my websites
              www.andymangels.com
              www.WonderWomanMuseum.com

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Mego Size (1).jpgMego Size (3).jpgMego Size (4).jpg

I hope this helps.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media