Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

I havent had him dug out in years but my Aquaman definitely swiveled. Never had WW or Cap, but just assumed since they were also CAH figures they were all the same. Learn something new everday!

I'll have to dig them all out now and check to see if any plastic rigor mortis has set in!!??
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• brighteyes70s
      • Jul 21, 2007

Here's mine. An obvious groove, but he simply will not move. He looks like he's never been played with or stored improperly, either. He has every single speck of blonde still on his hair...therefore, I'm at a loss on why he won't move.

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

So much for childhood memories. My Aquaman doesnt swivel. Theres movement, but he doesnt want to turn very far and I'm afraid to force him. My CAH Robin was stiff so I gave a gentle push and he literally disintegrated before my very eyes. The little white plastic o-ring in his trunks that holds him together dissolved! Also, my PH Superman now refuses to swivel....aargh!! I kept these stored in a plastic box, away from sunlight, moisture, temperture changes, etc.....What more can you do?
        I also noticed a white "fog" starting to appear on Hulk, and some of my Star Wars figures. I assume this is some kind of mold, or worse...the plastic breaking down. Is there a way to clean this stuff off, and prevent it from reforming?
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• brighteyes70s
          • Jul 21, 2007

Captain,

As for the PH breakage, that I'm unsure of. I've never actually seen the inside of a PH--snap a picture if you kept all of the parts, including the disintegrated O-ring remnant. As for the fogging, probably just your basic plastic degradation due to the plasticizer. Although we all love and cherish our toys, we often seem to forget that plastic is a natural byproduct of petroleum so, since it's organic, it "will" break down after time, and at a MUCH faster rate due to its composition than, say, a wooden toy. So, love them while you have them, but can I say they'll look the same if we all make it to 100? Not really.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎