X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Who else dreams about toys?

Ever since I can remember I've had dreams about finding great lots of toys at yardsales & fleamarkets. Most usually the toy doesn't really exist in the real world and I've just made it up, but I actually feel kinda depressed when I wake up and realize that it's just a dream. The strangest thing is, I had these dreams all my life even when I wasn't a toy collector. Last nights dream had me finding a big wack of monster themed board games at Value Village. I can't be the only one, so what toys do you dream about?
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

On more than one occasion I've had a dream about finding a stack of boxed Mego WGSH hidden on the very top shelf in the toy section of a department store. I'm an adult in my dream, but for some reason I have the financial resources of a child, no credit cards or anything, and only a small amount of money in my pocket. I always wake up just as I'm deciding which ones I should buy with my limited funds. Weird, maybe it based on some sort of repressed frustration of not having enough money to buy all the toys I wanted when I was a kid.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I used to dream about finding hidden stashes of boxed Mego's years ago ... But ever since the release of the CTVT's figures and then the DM Treks, the dreams have all but stopped.
      I think it's because even subconsciously I know basically Mego's aren't worth anything anymore

Now my dreams are back to naked women -- which is fine with me

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, I've had the Flea Market fever dreams of never seen before toys being a dollar a million times.

This week I dreamt that Richard Branson funded this years MegoMeet and put us up in one of his mansions, everybody was smoking cigars and wandering around a marble hall in smoking jackets while persuing tables full of mego goods.

I need to lay off the stout.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
          Time to feed the cat
          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk

Now my dreams are back to naked women -- which is fine with me
          I'm guessing you have cable tv

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

Very rarely do I have vivid dreams and I almost always forget the details, but this particular dream stands out and it is remarkably similar to others mentioned in this thread.

I was in the stockroom of a TRU snooping around (no idea as to why) and I found a load of carded WGSH with markdown stickers. I remember disbelief because I had the feeling the time was now, not in the past, so these were items that had been sitting in that spot for decades. Disbelief turned to elation, but the dream trailed off from there.
            Last edited by saildog; Mar 26, '09, 1:43 PM.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2007

I have dreamed of finding various vintage toys and comics at a variety of places. For some reason, I think I can pluck them from my dreams if I hold them tight enough and I will have them when I wake up. This usually ends up with me having another dream waking up with them. I am always sad when I do actually wake up to find the various vintage toys and comics are not clutched in my hands.
              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• david_b
                Never had enough toys..
                • May 9, 2008

Funny, but good subject to discuss..

I had a few dreams where I'd walk upstairs in some dusty old used book/comic place, to find shelves and shelves of various 60s/70s toys, just sitting around like old store stock, still in boxes with some shelf wear. Some GI Joe stuff here.., then I'd find some MMM stuff in the next isle, old Aurora models, etc.

Only one or two others just casually mingling around, but almost like a nearly-deserted Salvation Army store but with no windows, old wood floor, etc. Stuff pretty much there for the taking, no price tags.

Then I wake up..
                Last edited by david_b; Mar 26, '09, 11:45 AM.
                Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Must me a collector's thing bro,Cause I get those all the time!! I had one about 3 days ago.It takes like a good 5 minutes after you wake up to realize it was just a dream and you didn't find ****! then you wish you could go back to sleep and continue the dream
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I don't dream about collecting, I dream about playing w/ toys. No particular ones really...just classic 70s toys.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍