Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

My latest and right now on the top of the list of favorite pieces: Dick Giordano's prelim for all 6 covers of the mini series "The L.A.W."

Here's the page on comic art fan just in case the image doesn't appear in this post:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1279868

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Not my latest. I've had this for about 2 - 3 years and found it today while trying to put up some industrial shelving in one of the rooms in the house. I acquired this from a person that worked for Murphy Anderson's Graphics Company. They did all the pre-press for Deluxe. I completely forgot that I had this. I had purchased a 4 color Separation of Wally Wood's Thunder Agents for #1. I already had the #2 which I have posted here before. Still in the mailer it was sent I see that there is what looks like original art 12 x 17 roughly. Pull it out and I didn't remember winning 2 things from the same seller. One of a couple of things I want to get signed by George before he stops doing Comic Cons at the end of the year. It's not an original art cover...but it is a Mechanical Cover which is what is used when they would shoot camera shots of original art and then output them to 4 color film from which they would make the printing plates from. It's a production pieces that is the same size as the original art 11 X 17. Usually it was a 70 - 80% camera shot so that it would be resized to the sized of a comic book. Anyway, here it is. Sorry for the camera shot...hoping to get the flatbed scanner that scans 12 x 18 fixed this year. Parts are hard to find:

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Only recently have I had the chance to take a pic of this one. Probably had it a couple of years now. Wish my old industrial scanner was working to really pic up the great likeness of the band.

The Lovin' Spoonful by John Rosenberger. Artist for the Archies Comic called The Jaguar. Started off as something done at Archie and was never used. Found its way over to DC and DC was supposed to use it in a Romance title and never used it. Originally done in 1967:

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎