Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Thanks to Aaron (Brazoo) I fixed the problem. It would have been years before I would figure out how to fix the posting issues. Thanks.

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

Check my signature for my original art. Still have a tonne scanned but not uploaded.

- Marty

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by ubermanx
        Check my signature for my original art. Still have a tonne scanned but not uploaded.
        Saw it the other day. Some very nice pieces. Can't wait to see the rest that have been scanned. You are right though...scanning and then uploading takes time. I scanned 7 pages last night. Now to re-size and then upload. I have to say the best thing about scanning for me is that I have a scanner big enough to handle 12 X 18. It's an old AGFA that we used to use in printing. Only machine that it hooks up to is my 1st computer...an old gateway. Takes a while but it does the job. Now scanning on the smaller scanners and piecing 2 halves together would be a real PITA.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

If anyone is interested these are the last 7 scans I did last night and just finished putting up on the comic art fan site:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=48681

I just have to post these 2 because it is a series that have to say is the best comic series I've read in 36 years of reading comics:

It is the series I tell anyone that is getting into comics or has read comics for a while and is looking for a great read. Ostrander and Mandrake's The Spectre series is THE one to read. Hopefully I will get to meet Tom Mandrake in August at the Connecticut Comic Con and tell him how great the series is. Thanks for putting up with this fanboys love of comics and comic art.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Great pages. Ostrander and Mandrake's Spectre is one of my favorites too

Comment

• ubermanx
              Career Member
              • Jul 3, 2013

Welp, I took this thread as inspiration. Spent all day avoiding work and uploaded all my art. Crazy.

- Marty

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Very nice. The Jurgens JLA page is just killer. Check Patton JLA page is just as nice. Dazzler and The Beast (Beauty and The Beast) reminds me that I have to find a Perlin and Demulder Defenders page. Not a fan of the 6 fingered hand issues. So anything post those will be alright. I see them on Ebay every so often but they are either more filler than characters or just not quite right. What did Adams charge for the sketch cover if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

• ubermanx
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 3, 2013

Yeah, I got to him early I guess. Dinged me $100 but I hear that for covers like that, especially if the CGC crew is there to authenticate the sketch it's a lot more. Heard the figure $250 being thrown about at Toronto Comic on this year. Maybe I got a break cause it was for me and not resale?

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

This is one of my favorite threads. I don't have tons of original art, but I keep meaning to take some pics of some sketches and drawings I do have so I can contribute.

I just got this piece in the mail today, so I took a quick snapshot. It's a Jack Davis strip that was published in MAD Magazine in 1981. I think he's one of the greatest comic artists of all time, so I'm really excited to have this.

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

Brilliant, Davis is an icon to be sure!

Closest I can come to a Mad genius (see what I did there) is a page of Marvel's What If!? drawn by Marie Severin.

QCIER5Y9_2603151343191.jpg

- Marty
                      Last edited by ubermanx; Apr 8, '15, 6:53 PM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Brazoo
                        This is one of my favorite threads. I don't have tons of original art, but I keep meaning to take some pics of some sketches and drawings I do have so I can contribute.

I just got this piece in the mail today, so I took a quick snapshot. It's a Jack Davis strip that was published in MAD Magazine in 1981. I think he's one of the greatest comic artists of all time, so I'm really excited to have this.

Love Mad magazine. Nice Davis piece. Mort Drucker used to live on the north shore of Long Island back in the late 90's early 2000's. Think he still does. When I was in printing back then we did a few 4 color proofs for him. Wish I would have gotten the chance to deliver the finished product to him. I would have volunteered to go on the road that day

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by ubermanx
                          Brilliant, Davis is an icon to be sure!

Closest I can come to a Mad genius (see what I did there) is a page of Marvel's What If!? drawn by Marie Severin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14780[/ATTACH]

- Marty
                          That's fantastic! It's pretty wild how many different styles of characters she's doing just on that one page. That butler dude in the bottom left panel looks like wandered in from a MAD comic to me for sure. Very cool piece.

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            Love Mad magazine. Nice Davis piece. Mort Drucker used to live on the north shore of Long Island back in the late 90's early 2000's. Think he still does. When I was in printing back then we did a few 4 color proofs for him. Wish I would have gotten the chance to deliver the finished product to him. I would have volunteered to go on the road that day
                            Thanks!

Oh man - meeting Drucker like that would have been great!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

These are celebrating there 32nd Birthday tomorrow. Walt drew these for me whilst promoting X-Men/Titans at my friends comic store. It was the first of 3 signings my friend would have Walt out for:

I can't believe it's been 32 years. The speed and accuracy that Walt drew these with was absolutely AMAZING. Made me a fan for life. I've said it before...Walt is the most genuine and nicest people you will ever meet. Best thing is that he still as much a fan as he is an artist in the comic industry.

Comment

• madmarva
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jul 7, 2007

Love Simonson's work, and he seems so nice in his interactions on his Facebook appreciation group. Seems to answer every question. How can anyone not be a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎