• Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

My latest:

And a link to my comicartfans gallery:

Click Here
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Nice Page. In the last month I've seen pages that I want come up...and it's killing me that I can't pull the trigger on them. The Grendel Page I posted in another thread is just one. I've had a Inifinity Inc page by Michael Bair come up as well as a Nick Cardy Titans page come up that were both very affordable and had to pass because of budgetary restraints. Trying to get debt free is going to be the end of me but it has to be done. Here's a link to my comic art fan page:

Comic Art Gallery of Roberto Ligotti at ComicArtFans.com

I have a few pieces to add but can't at the moment because my OTHER computer that has my old beast of a scanner hooked up to it isn't working right now. The scanner is an industrial AGFA scanner that we used to use in pre-press printing and it doesn't like new Windows programs...especially VISTA. Hopefully my Bro can fix that old computer. Enjoy my comic art fan page.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Yup. I love Nicola Scott on Teen Titans and am saddened that her run will end at 100. But glad that I got a chance to own this piece.

I have the inks to this page too, and they will be framed together.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• argent007
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 7, 2005

I collect comic book art and sketches. I have one animation cel, too.
          My Updated Want List:
          Comic book original art
          1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
          Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

I personally like the older art...probably pre-2000. I like to have the lettering and inking on the page the original pencils are on. It is a little disheartening when some of my favorite artists like Mike Grell don't even do inks anymore on their penciled pages. There are a couple of pages of Grell that have appeared on ebay a few times that are pencils only...I love the art, but i can't really be displayed. Pencil only art fades over time.

Another thing that I don't care for with original art post 90's is that there are no paste ups on the covers...or, God forbid, a Letter that does the comic logo on covers.

One day I will own a cover...right now I have to settle for a pre-lim with the Gil Kane Conan piece in my collection.

This pre-lim is interesting because IMHO it clearly shows that Gil was the KING of covers at Marvel during the 70's...Finished cover looks to be John Buscema.
            Last edited by Blue Meanie; Mar 24, '15, 9:48 AM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Just added another pre-lim to my collection. It's from Aquaman 11. Tony Harris is one of my FAVORITE Cover artists/Painters. Here it is with the published cover right next to it:

Last edited by Blue Meanie; Mar 24, '15, 9:47 AM.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Blue Meanie

This pre-lim is interesting because IMHO it clearly shows that Gil was the KING of covers at Marvel during the 70's...Finished cover looks to be John Buscema.
                Love Kane's prelims as an Illustrator, I always loved Kane's structure drawings how he built the figure. I'd rather have those than the finished work

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Guess I'll never own a Starlin Captain Marvel Page...

All I have to say is DAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!

Captain Marvel 34 Jim Starlin first app. Nitro villian - eBay (item 260816696359 end time Jul-18-11 16:06:31 PDT)

I love Starlin's art, and the ultimate would be a Captain Marvel Starlin page, but not at that price.

Comment

• aquatroy
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2002

Someday I'll have the disposable income to get some comic art. I don't know if these still exist, but I would love to have some of the old Wheaties ads from the 40's & 50's.
                    Captain Tootsie ads would be great too.
                    Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

I've added 3 pieces to the collection since my last post. 2 from the same artist...one was a bonus sketch that was sent with the auction that I won. Gonna post one of my favorites my collection so far. Maybe because I got it from the artist himself, and maybe cause it's one of the pages in the last issue of JSA. Here it is...it's a pre-lim, but it looks exactly like what was printed. Page 2 Splash from JSA #54 By Jerry Ordway:

One day I will get a an original page by Jerry, preferably a All Star or Infinity Inc page...but for now this is just perfect.
                      Last edited by Blue Meanie; Mar 24, '15, 9:47 AM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

Those are sweet. I so, so, so want just one nice George Perez piece. I can't afford any, so I'll just check out your collections here in this post.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

I just bought some Seaguy pages from Cameron Stewart and a sheena ink sketch from Leonard Kirk.

Plus a couple of Batman and Robin sketch cards from boynightwing
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• boynightwing
                            That Carl Guy
                            • Apr 24, 2002

^ Yay Samurainoir! Thanks again!

I have a Batman Animation Cell of the Arkham gang all lined up. I got it for my...18th birthday.

I have a Nightwing sketch from Steve Skroce. He did the storyboards for the Matrix and back in the day he did Spider-man and I think also Gambit. I wonder what he's up to today?

I also have a Jae Lee Batman sketch and a Cobra Commander from Josh Blaylock.

Comment

• suspense39
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 16, 2008

avengers

paying off this one now.....

Romitaman.com

Comment

• Figuremod73
                                That 80's guy
                                • Jul 27, 2011

im not sure if its true but ive heard on a few occasions that Gil Kane used captain action as a model to build his figures with.
                                I know that he did illustrate the original comic from the late sixties..

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎