Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Anyone else into Original Comic Art???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazoo View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads. I don't have tons of original art, but I keep meaning to take some pics of some sketches and drawings I do have so I can contribute.

I just got this piece in the mail today, so I took a quick snapshot. It's a Jack Davis strip that was published in MAD Magazine in 1981. I think he's one of the greatest comic artists of all time, so I'm really excited to have this.

Love Mad magazine. Nice Davis piece. Mort Drucker used to live on the north shore of Long Island back in the late 90's early 2000's. Think he still does. When I was in printing back then we did a few 4 color proofs for him. Wish I would have gotten the chance to deliver the finished product to him. I would have volunteered to go on the road that day
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ubermanx View Post
    Brilliant, Davis is an icon to be sure!

Closest I can come to a Mad genius (see what I did there) is a page of Marvel's What If!? drawn by Marie Severin.

Attachment 14780

- Marty
    That's fantastic! It's pretty wild how many different styles of characters she's doing just on that one page. That butler dude in the bottom left panel looks like wandered in from a MAD comic to me for sure. Very cool piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Love Mad magazine. Nice Davis piece. Mort Drucker used to live on the north shore of Long Island back in the late 90's early 2000's. Think he still does. When I was in printing back then we did a few 4 color proofs for him. Wish I would have gotten the chance to deliver the finished product to him. I would have volunteered to go on the road that day
    Thanks!

Oh man - meeting Drucker like that would have been great!

Images
    These are celebrating there 32nd Birthday tomorrow. Walt drew these for me whilst promoting X-Men/Titans at my friends comic store. It was the first of 3 signings my friend would have Walt out for:

I can't believe it's been 32 years. The speed and accuracy that Walt drew these with was absolutely AMAZING. Made me a fan for life. I've said it before...Walt is the most genuine and nicest people you will ever meet. Best thing is that he still as much a fan as he is an artist in the comic industry.
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

Images
    Love Simonson's work, and he seems so nice in his interactions on his Facebook appreciation group. Seems to answer every question. How can anyone not be a fan.

Images
    My latest and right now on the top of the list of favorite pieces: Dick Giordano's prelim for all 6 covers of the mini series "The L.A.W."

Here's the page on comic art fan just in case the image doesn't appear in this post:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1279868
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

Images
    Not my latest. I've had this for about 2 - 3 years and found it today while trying to put up some industrial shelving in one of the rooms in the house. I acquired this from a person that worked for Murphy Anderson's Graphics Company. They did all the pre-press for Deluxe. I completely forgot that I had this. I had purchased a 4 color Separation of Wally Wood's Thunder Agents for #1. I already had the #2 which I have posted here before. Still in the mailer it was sent I see that there is what looks like original art 12 x 17 roughly. Pull it out and I didn't remember winning 2 things from the same seller. One of a couple of things I want to get signed by George before he stops doing Comic Cons at the end of the year. It's not an original art cover...but it is a Mechanical Cover which is what is used when they would shoot camera shots of original art and then output them to 4 color film from which they would make the printing plates from. It's a production pieces that is the same size as the original art 11 X 17. Usually it was a 70 - 80% camera shot so that it would be resized to the sized of a comic book. Anyway, here it is. Sorry for the camera shot...hoping to get the flatbed scanner that scans 12 x 18 fixed this year. Parts are hard to find:

Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

Images
    Only recently have I had the chance to take a pic of this one. Probably had it a couple of years now. Wish my old industrial scanner was working to really pic up the great likeness of the band.

The Lovin' Spoonful by John Rosenberger. Artist for the Archies Comic called The Jaguar. Started off as something done at Archie and was never used. Found its way over to DC and DC was supposed to use it in a Romance title and never used it. Originally done in 1967:

Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison