Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw Harry Potter last night at midnight.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dumbldor
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 9, 2002

Originally posted by starbuk
    SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!

Concerning WHO bites it .............

From what I've read all I can say is .................

Goodbye Dan !

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

SPOILER ALERT!!

Ah the movie was alright for me I guess,I liked the one before this 1 the best,but this one pretty good,th think that killed it for me was that lady in Pink,that was freakin annoying man
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
        SPOILER ALERT!!

Ah the movie was alright for me I guess,I liked the one before this 1 the best,but this one pretty good,th think that killed it for me was that lady in Pink,that was freakin annoying man
        That is sort of the running joke of the book series. Nobody lasts more than one year as a Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher and most of them are totally inept...I believe Lupin was the only exception. Mad Eye Moody probably would have been good too but the real one was held prisoner the entire book.

Although not a super main character, I think Lucious Malfoy is going to bite the dust in Book 7.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Vortigern99
          Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
          • Jul 2, 2006

Originally posted by Adam West
          Finally got to see the movie this past weekend. It's probably the best of the 5.

For some reason, the movies seem to have a Star Wars sort of feel to it (the prequels with better plot).

This is definitely not a movie for young kids. Much more violence than any of the previous 4 and book 6 is even worse so I imagine the movies will get much more violent and I presume that the final book is going to be filled with so much action and violence, that they are going to have a hard time filming it, while keeping it true to the book, and a PG-13 rating.

One thing I have always liked about J.K. Rowling is she doesn't dumb the books down for kids. That's what makes the books very popular among adults as well as kids.

I keep hearing that there is a book coming out in the fall called Tunnels which is being hyped as the books that kids will turn to after Harry Potter. Of course, when you have to say your books are the next Harry Potter, they probably are not going to be very good.

There seems to be a major shift in Hollywood to produce movies based on fantasy type books that are popular with kids. Eragon was already made and I saw a trailor for the Spiderwick Chronicles which my son read years ago. I thought there was rumor that Artemis Fowl would have a movie but haven't seen anything. I also have noticed that the 5 books by Lloyd Alexander are starting to show up front and center on bookshelves again...I remember reading them when I was a kid and wonder if they are exploring a movie based on the series. I know Disney did an animated version of the Black Cauldron which wasn't very good but could be made into a spectacular movie like LOTR.
          I agree with everything you've just said! With Stardust and the Golden Compass about to come out, and Prince Caspian in pre-production, it's a perfect time to consider turning Alexander's Prydain Chronicles into an amazingly deep and entertaining series of films.

On that score, I used to think Lindsey Lohann would make a good Eilonwy... but since she grew up I decided maybe not so much.

Comment

• Steeler80
            Mayor of Strunk
            • Jun 29, 2001

I really liked it, probably the best of the five. I think they did a good job taking an incredibly long and dense book and condensing it down into a story that hit all the high notes and held together well.

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

I saw it for the second time last night and enjoyed it just as much as the first and saw some small things I missed the first time.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎