Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw Harry Potter last night at midnight.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Saw Harry Potter last night at midnight.

My daughter begged and begged so I took her to the 12:01 show last night with my nephew. They sold out two theatres and there were even people dressed up like characters. Not kids but older teens and adults. I liked it a lot. It definately is getting darker as the series goes on. It was a cute kids movie at the start but I would say it's almost more action/sci-fi/drama now. Our theatre gave it a standing ovation. Of course anyone that would venture out at midnight would clap if Harry produced fuzzy bunnies from a burlap sack and threw them at Lord Voldemort. I highly suggest seeing it sooner than later as the plot and storyline will be revealed on every website as soon as most people see it today, and then there won't be any surprises. I have avoided reading the books but with the final one due out I will more than likely be aware of the ending when the final movie is released. Up until now I've been able to avoid knowing everything that happens in the book but the final release is going to be everywhere and discussed deeply so maybe I'll just buy the final book and read the ending for myself.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • Merlyn1976
    Fist of Khonshu
    • Mar 29, 2005

Saw it too....

Great movie if you haven't read the book....they cut a bit to many details out and didn't flesh out the storyline as well I would have hoped....

I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars....
    Last edited by Merlyn1976; Jul 11, '07, 11:37 AM. Reason: My grammar sucks....
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

good I'm going to watch it this friday
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

I saw the first movie on HBO a few years back. Otherwise I've been blissfully ignorant of everything since. The original action figures had some great mego scale stuff though.

Comment

• Customslab

yea i think in one of the next 2 movies harry is going to be killed off

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Customslab
            yea i think in one of the next 2 movies harry is going to be killed off
            I will bet you $1 million dollars that Harry Potter doesn't get killed off in the next movie but another major character does.

All kidding aside, I've read every single book except for the last one so there aren't any spoiler alerts. If you think Order of the Phoenix is dark wait until Half Blood Prince comes out and I can only imagine that Deathly Hallows will be the darkest of them all. Apparently at least two major characters are going to die. If I were a betting man, Snape will be one of them and if I were to take a guess without going for the obvious Harry Potter himself (who by the way I don't think will die) based on reading the books, I'm going to say Neville Longbottom or Ginny Weasley.
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Customslab

yea the woman who writes it said that she wanted to kill him off may just be a ploy to get people to watch and buy

Comment

• Dave Mc
                Administrator
                • Oct 20, 2002

These books are like crack, once you start, you can't stop. They are really well written.

The movies have been good, but each book get's longer and darker. It's very hard to communicate the later books in movie form as acurately as the first couple.

If you enjoy the movies but haven't read the books, you really should.

Comment

• DocDrako
                  Formerly Doc Drako
                  • Nov 11, 2004

What DaveMc said...

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• wyatterb
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 2, 2001

I went to the 12:30pm showing here this afternoon and loved the movie. Some of the changes that were made were obviously needed to make the movie flow, however I thought there were several places where they should have left things as they were written. I'd love for them to split the remaining movies into volumes (i.e Kill Bill) HP 6 vol 1 & vol 2 so we can get as much book accurate movie as possible. I know that it won't happen, but wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I'll catch it on either DVD or HBO, as I always do with these Harry Potter movies, not enough interest for me since I don't have kids of my own.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Dave Mc
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 20, 2002

That's not speculation, that's fact. It's already happened in the 6th book.

Comment

• Adam West
                          Museum CPA
                          • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                          That's not speculation, that's fact. It's already happened in the 6th book.
                          I guess most Harry Potter movie fans don't realize that Order of the Phoenix has been out in book form about 3 or 4 years now...so there are no spoiler alerts for anyone who has read the book.

And yes those of us who have read The Half Blood Prince knows already who dies and who did it....the big speculation is the person who did it good or bad and was there a purpose to the murder that we'll find out in book 7 and will the murderer of book 6 actually die in book 7 while saving Harry Potter's life. We'll find out in a little over a week.

Just coincidence that I'm going on vacation starting the 21st. Already informed the family that a pit stop had to be made at a book store before we head for our vacation destination.
                          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
                            Museum CPA
                            • Apr 14, 2003

Finally got to see the movie this past weekend. It's probably the best of the 5.

For some reason, the movies seem to have a Star Wars sort of feel to it (the prequels with better plot).

This is definitely not a movie for young kids. Much more violence than any of the previous 4 and book 6 is even worse so I imagine the movies will get much more violent and I presume that the final book is going to be filled with so much action and violence, that they are going to have a hard time filming it, while keeping it true to the book, and a PG-13 rating.

One thing I have always liked about J.K. Rowling is she doesn't dumb the books down for kids. That's what makes the books very popular among adults as well as kids.

I keep hearing that there is a book coming out in the fall called Tunnels which is being hyped as the books that kids will turn to after Harry Potter. Of course, when you have to say your books are the next Harry Potter, they probably are not going to be very good.

There seems to be a major shift in Hollywood to produce movies based on fantasy type books that are popular with kids. Eragon was already made and I saw a trailor for the Spiderwick Chronicles which my son read years ago. I thought there was rumor that Artemis Fowl would have a movie but haven't seen anything. I also have noticed that the 5 books by Lloyd Alexander are starting to show up front and center on bookshelves again...I remember reading them when I was a kid and wonder if they are exploring a movie based on the series. I know Disney did an animated version of the Black Cauldron which wasn't very good but could be made into a spectacular movie like LOTR.
                            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Sowth
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 14, 2006

Saw the movie tonight and was very pleasantly surprised.

I thought this book was a bit weaker than the others, but the film is definitely the best of the lot. I'm going to see it at IMAX again next week where the last 20 minutes are in 3D, a friend who saw it there a few days ago said it was amazing.

My guess is on Hagrid buying it in the last book, and maybe Snape too, whilst saving Harry.

Cheers,
                              Will
                              Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎