• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
    That is SWEET news!!
    But unfortunatly they will be gone withen hrs or a day at the most, at least at my Walmart anyway, and will be all over eBay for about triple the price labled as rare and HTF....

I want the Man of action, Air adventurer if it is in the correct orange suit, unlike the incorrect past ones from Urban outfitters and Maijer stores, Sea Adventurer, and the AA Adventurer...

I won't even bother with the Land Adventurer, you only need so many of them.

Lynn
    The picture of them in the Master Collector magazine shows him in the correct outfit. It's in B&W and I'm assuming they are the figures they will be selling at WalMart and not just representations. At $10 a piece though, that's a great price. You could purchase a whole Army of those.

I don't think they will be coming out with any sets anytime soon. The only repro. sets that I am aware of are through the G.I. Joe Collector's Club and are usually convention sets. They sell for way too much money....$200-$400 a set. Sure they might be limited but that is just too much money for the average Joe (no pun intended).
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

This is slightly amazing when you consider that when the HOF line came out in th early 90s they retailed for $19.99, and later went to clearance at $9.99. Fifteen years later and vastly superior figures are available at half the cost.

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

It makes me think that if Walmart supported Mego repros, they probably wouldn't cost much more than they did when Mego when out of business.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I wonder what it would cost to purchase the defunct Mego corporation?

It seems like it would be difficult since I think Lego owns the Mego name and then you have to deal with patent and other messy legal issues plus the licensing rights.

But it would be great if someone like Hasbro jumped in and took a chance on it. I actually think they would sell quite well given the influx of all the recent super hero movies.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

There would be no cost, since there is no corporation to buy. The entire problem is that the name cannot be used for making Toys and action figures until someone can come up with a better argument than Marty did when he tried to reregister the copyright.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I missed out on the Hot Topic ones so I'm definitely going to pick up some these.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

If anyone starts seeing these pop up, let everyone know.

WalMart is not a daily or even weekly pilgrimage for me but will definitely head over there when they start to show up.

I'm also thinking they may be available via their website.
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Ya know...one of My favorite Toy's before Mego...was the Skindiver! I think I might have pick one up...I hope He cames with Shark!
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^ Looks like so far its just the boxed basic figures, no sharks.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                      Ya know...one of My favorite Toy's before Mego...was the Skindiver! I think I might have pick one up...I hope He cames with Shark!

That one was released a few years ago w/ a new Joe body and Kung Fu Grip. The only trouble was the way they made the tank, rubber + plastic= meltdown. Come to think of it, so did the suit. I have to store my rubber stuff in a paper bag away from the figures.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

Hey Everyone,

It looks like the WalMart exclusive Joes might be starting to arrive.

There weren't any at my local WalMart but there are two sets on EBAY right now so either the person has grabbed them before they have made their ways to the shelves or they are starting to arrive.

If anyone is trying to find these besides me, post your interest so if some of run across them, we can pick up extras for those of you looking for them.
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I hope that these reach Canada.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Adam West
                            Museum CPA
                            • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I hope that these reach Canada.
                            If they don't, I'm happy to pick up extra sets for anyone who wants them as long as they're available.

I was hoping they would be listed on the WalMart website but I don't see them on there.

At $10 a piece, you really can't go wrong. I was thinking they'd make a great gift for my 7 year old too.

As a side note, I was reading an article about G.I. Joes over the weekend and it talked about how MEGO's 8 inch WGSH line pretty much destroyed the 12 inch G.I. Joe figure. When G.I. Joe tried to move to an 8 inch scale, along came Star Wars figures which brought an end to 8 and 12 inch figures as we knew them. I know this isn't new news to anyone but thought it was an interesting re-read anyway.
                            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• boss
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 18, 2003

I went to Walmart at lunch today and had no luck. I talked to a woman stocking shelves and she said that a Hasbro rep was in the store earlier today talking about them, but they hadn't shown up yet.

and oh yeah... I got confirmation yesterday from Urban Outfitters that the 2 Joes I ordered last Friday have been shipped.
                              Last edited by boss; Aug 1, '07, 5:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 10, 2007

I wonder if these will be available online in the Walmart store online?

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎