X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
    Hey Speed Racer, you wouldn't happen to reside in Florence, KY would you? I ask because I'm here in Louisville and occassionally the family and I take trips up there to shop and have a good time. It's also my place to find collectibles since Louisville is loaded to the gills with Ebayers and hard core collectors.
    I'm actually located in Falmouth, KY but Florence is very close. Most of the time I can find things fairly easy in that area, or close to it, and these reissued Joes just happened to be one of them. There's also a super Wal-Mart a few miles south of me and if they show up there they'll most likely set on the shelf and collect dust.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Found them today in Winter Haven. Already on mark down, too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mawni
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 11, 2007

Florida - still no luck!

Went to the Walmart by Medieval Times and couldn't find *any* joe figures at all.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I couldn't find anything in the Chicago Wal-Mart I hit on the weekend, except Mark Huckabone, who brought me two the next day.

If anyone has any spares, I need:

Land Adventurer
          AA Adventurer
          Sea Adventurer

Will pay with cash and hugs for any assists.

These things are sweet, I have a few originals and this makes a nice augmentation to my collection.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Hey Speed Racer, I'm right down the road from you in Cynthiana! My wife has family in Falmouth.

About 10 years ago there was a really cool collectibles shop called Heroes, Villains and Monsters in Falmouth. Did you ever go there?

I also go to Florence quite a bit. It does seem relatively scalper-free.

Sorry to derail the Joe conversation. I haven't seen them myself yet. Looks like our local Super Wal-Mart is gearing up for the big Christmas reset. Whole sections of the toy dept. are empty right now. I will probably pick some of these up for me and the boy.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Mawni
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 11, 2007

Found my Joes today!

I just wanted to post and thank you all for helping me find them. I looked in a Walmart over by Daytona Beach this morning. I went to the clearance aisle and looked through a bunch of shopping carts full of misc. toys. On top of one I found the Sea Adventurer. Back behind the cart were a few more. They were kind of hidden. They were still $10.00.

I probably wouldn't have looked there if it weren't for your posts. Thanks.

I bought the GI Joe Adventurer and the Land Adventurer. The body of the Land Joe seemed to be tighter than the Adventurer. He (Land Joe) was stamped 2003 on his bottom and the Adventurer was stamped 1986 or '96 or something. The Land Joe also had clear plastic inserts between his ankle and wrist joints. The GI Joe Adventurer's were brown.

I was pretty excited and now I wish I would have bought the other two they had which were the Air and Sea guys.

Also, the woman at the till said that she still had a footlocker at home with a Joe and a bunch of clothes. I told her to check on eBay to see what they're worth!

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Megos are and will always remain my first love, but since I got these, I kind of feel bitten by the GI JOE bug.

Heaven help me if they ever re-release the Best of the West line!

Comment

• megoat
                  A Therefore Experience
                  • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by saildog

Heaven help me if they ever re-release the Best of the West line!
                  I know Johnny West was reissued a few years back, I don't know how many other characters were released.....

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I went over the border to the Walmart in Niagara Falls, NY last week and there was a whole end cap full of them. I bought a couple, and really like them. I suppose now I'll have to go back and buy the rest of them. They didn't seem to make it to the Walmarts near me here in Canada though. Don't know if they are just late or what. Hasbro Canada is mentioned on the boxes though, so maybe they will show up.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      I went over the border to the Walmart in Niagara Falls, NY last week and there was a whole end cap full of them. I bought a couple, and really like them. I suppose now I'll have to go back and buy the rest of them. They didn't seem to make it to the Walmarts near me here in Canada though. Don't know if they are just late or what. Hasbro Canada is mentioned on the boxes though, so maybe they will show up.
                      I must have missed you, I was there on Tuesday doing the exact same thing.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I must have missed you, I was there on Tuesday doing the exact same thing.
                        Heh, small world. I was there on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎