Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien Kenner 1979 Mint In Box

Alien Kenner 1979

never had one as a kind let alone never saw them at the toy stores the first time I found out about this figure was in the early 90's

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megoat View Post
    Here's a question:

How many of you had one of these as a kid?

I actually had one of these in '79-'80. My parents did not complain. I was not scared of this toy. I don't understand the fuss. It's just a gruesome looking boy's toy. Big deal.
    My brother had one. Our parents never had any problem with it.

I still have it. Of course, it's not in the best of shape now.

Images
    Hmmmm....

I got one a few years after it came out; when they were on sale. Didn't see them prior to that. Always wanted one 'cos I saw the movie when it came out. (I was about 10, and not scared by monster movies.)

Don C.

Blog Entries
    I remember the commercial well and it didn't scare me.

I didn't see the actual figure until I found one at 15. I had it perched over my bed for a brief period but I was never all that into the character or the movies, so I eventually sold it.

Images
    Heres the link to the ALIEN Toy COMMERCIAL:

YouTube - Alien Action Figure (Commercial, 1979)

...oh no! Now i wont be able to sleep!!!!

Alien Kenner

theirs one on ebay for 499.00 man 500 hunderd for an action figure thinking very very hard never spent that much on a toy before

A scecial shot out to Noelani72!

Oh my god! You are my hero! Listen, can I get that scan of your Kenner Alien Box? I was planning on purchasing a box some day to do just what you have done. I am in the process of purchasing 1979 Kenner Aliens in hopes that someone will someday produce quality Kenner Alien boxes (with insert) to the exact specifications of the original. I have seen some custom examples, but for me they were not good enough. I may purchase an original box in the future just so I can produce them (marked repro box) but I am very, very picky and if it does not look like an original I would consider it a failure. I love the box art so much that I would love to take your box and print it out + frame it - James

Quote Originally Posted by noelani72 View Post
    I have one, and it's pretty cool. Mine's not complete, the box is in really bad shape. I had spent months building this in 1:1 scale, just never found a printer that could handle it:

http://www.decaturvader.com/mego/alien.jpg
    Wow.
    It only took me over two years to:

Find a printer.
    Not spend an outrageous amount of $$ TO get it printed.
    Get it printed as all one piece.
    Find the right mounting board.

lol.

It's not perfect, a few mistakes in the artwork and quick cutting...but I think it is fair to say my experiment worked. The folds are c-l-e-a-n!

Yeah - I can do large scale repros

Great work! Back in 1980 TRU had the Alien dolls piled high. They couldn't get rid of them. They were selling them for $12. I didn't get one but I did get the 12" Indiana Jones which they also couldn't unload.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Images
    I got one back in about 1980, Zellers, I think... it was a clearance item too, if I recall.

Kept the box, and the dome. Lost the poster, though.

The figure can be fragile. The back spines have a habit of becoming somewhat loose.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).