X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Alien Kenner 1979 Mint In Box

Hi fellow members question I have never owned one of these but they seem to be extremely expensive are they worth the money and are they expensive cause of original low distribution anyways wanted some thoughts and feedback on this guy before I take that plunge.thanks for you time
    Last edited by kennermike; Feb 20, '09, 8:33 PM.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

My buddy has it in the box,it's an awesome toy
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I've always wanted one of these since I was a kid, but it never happened. I really want to get a boxed one some day. It will be expensive, but totally worth it. I don't know if they really had low distribution, but they did have a bad rep because of parents' complaints, and Kenner making a toy based on an R rated movie that most young kids probably didn't see in theatres probably wasn't the best idea (although I wanted one even though I didn't see the movie at the time). I have heard stories of pallets of these ending up on clearance in some stores (I saw it myself one time, too bad I was a 11 year old without any money at the time!)

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I was amongst the number of kids staring at these things on endcap clearance and not getting one. My sister said that I would sneak into her room at night and scare her with it.
        Um, well... yeah, so.
        Anyway never got one then, but I have a couple of them now.
        I must say that this is one toy that should not be kept in a box.
        Having a box is cool, but you really have to let it loose to appreciate the big chap.
        Look out for Oldwell45 on ebay. He sells lots of these and has a bad habit of forgetting to mention his reproduction parts. I would note that he also sells the parts separately.
        There is one on Ebay today (2.20.2009) for $300 mib with a pretty decent box. A couple of creases here and there, but this is a dam big box and not that easy to store.
        I would say nab that sucker right now with the economy down. Examples in the same condition (with insert and poster and all parts) have easily sold for twice that.

Love the Alien.
        rche

Comment

• kryptosmaster
          Removed.
          • Jun 14, 2008

I have never owned or even seen one in person but I think I recall reading about some common problems with these (things to ask about or look for that get broken easily, don't work right or are commonly missing?) Perhaps someone with that knowledge could post some pointers here as well?

Rich

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

I have one MIB with two sided poster and all,,..great action figure,..problem is keeping the dome on the head, as it tends to losen when figure is loose,........so if you get one and need a copy of the poster,..just PM me ,..its an 11 x 17 sheet.
            Ray

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

I have one, and it's pretty cool. Mine's not complete, the box is in really bad shape. I had spent months building this in 1:1 scale, just never found a printer that could handle it:

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                I have never owned or even seen one in person but I think I recall reading about some common problems with these (things to ask about or look for that get broken easily, don't work right or are commonly missing?) Perhaps someone with that knowledge could post some pointers here as well?

Rich
                I think that the figure is generally a bit fragile, but the usual problem is a missing head dome, inner teeth or large back spike.

Comment

• kennermike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 4, 2007

Alien Kenner 1979

thank you all for the great feedback sorry I missed the one that sold for 300 yesterday on EBAY will keep looking I am in contact with a guy thats selling one thats the french Canadian version box will see if he takes my offer keep the feedback and comments coming by the way great scans of the box.

Comment

• megoat
                    A Therefore Experience
                    • Jun 10, 2003

I love this figure and will have one some day.

Here's a question:

How many of you had one of these as a kid?

I actually had one of these in '79-'80. My parents did not complain. I was not scared of this toy. I don't understand the fuss. It's just a gruesome looking boy's toy. Big deal.

Comment

• kennermike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 4, 2007

Alien Kenner 1979

never had one as a kind let alone never saw them at the toy stores the first time I found out about this figure was in the early 90's

Comment

• Monsterama2000
                        Creepy and Kooky!
                        • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by megoat
                        Here's a question:

How many of you had one of these as a kid?

I actually had one of these in '79-'80. My parents did not complain. I was not scared of this toy. I don't understand the fuss. It's just a gruesome looking boy's toy. Big deal.
                        My brother had one. Our parents never had any problem with it.

I still have it. Of course, it's not in the best of shape now.
                        Erick
                        sigpic
                        Wonderful Wonderblog

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I got one a few years after it came out; when they were on sale. Didn't see them prior to that. Always wanted one 'cos I saw the movie when it came out. (I was about 10, and not scared by monster movies.)

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I remember the commercial well and it didn't scare me.

I didn't see the actual figure until I found one at 15. I had it perched over my bed for a brief period but I was never all that into the character or the movies, so I eventually sold it.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Heres the link to the ALIEN Toy COMMERCIAL:

YouTube - Alien Action Figure (Commercial, 1979)

...oh no! Now i wont be able to sleep!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎