Love the Canadian boxed MOTU pieces.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Wow, such amazing scores lately! I love this thread.

Comment

• Fitski
        Veteran Member
        • May 19, 2013

I seen one working on YouTube and it looked amazing shooting the discs. I'm thinking the same thing that the motor might be seized or loose connections on the terminals. I'll have to wait for the next family function and get my uncle to take a look at it.

Thanks Brian trying to collect Canadian even the USS Flagg is Canadian

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Fitski
          I seen one working on YouTube and it looked amazing shooting the discs. I'm thinking the same thing that the motor might be seized or loose connections on the terminals. I'll have to wait for the next family function and get my uncle to take a look at it.
          I'd be too scared to try and take mine apart, I'd worry about damaging it. Not sure how strong that 35 year old plastic is. But damn, I'd love to see it firing discs all over the place.

Comment

• chazz530
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 20, 2013

Some recent pick ups. Have even more but need to get pics taken.

Come see my items for sale at:
            http://Webstore.com/~Chazz530

Comment

• Red Hulk
              Career Member
              • Dec 19, 2012

Nice scores chazz530.

Comment

• cyberjerk
                • Nov 28, 2013

Super Jock's Super Toe! I almost forgot about those! Thanks for posting that, Chazz. Brings back some memories

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Strawberry Shortcake Mint Tulip and Mashmallard.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• skid14
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 23, 2011

vintage alien here on the boards gave me a good deal on this female creature....i call em fred and wilma...

Comment

• Vintage Alien
                      Museum Patron
                      • Aug 7, 2013

These two are in Love

Originally posted by skid14
                      vintage alien here on the boards gave me a good deal on this female creature....i call em fred and wilma...

Always looking to buy sell or trade

AHI Monsters
                      Lincoln Monsters
                      Mego Ali items
                      1979 kenner and hg toys Alien
                      Six Million Dollar Man Figures (Sealed)
                      1976 King Kong Mego items

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 30, 2012

Picked up a Mego 3.75" Draco at a local gaming & collectable shop last week. Waiting for a TTP tower pump and a Takara Microlady Yume to arrive.

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Got this guy in this week! Doctor Who Giant Robot!

Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

I've been looking for this Strawberry for quite a while. Second edition Apple Dumpling with soft vinyl Tea Time Turtle. She is the one on the right.

Apple Dumpling, along with Purple Pieman, were the only first series dolls which came with pets. Both pets were made out of hard plastic. When the first series dolls got reissued they all now came with a soft vinyl scented pet. Like Strawberry with Custard. When Apple Dumpling got reissued Tea Time Turtle got brand new standing sculpt more in the style of the other pets. Unfortunately, Purple Pieman never got a vinyl version of his Berry Bird and he was issued with the same hard plastic one during the entire run of the line. The only difference between the first and second series Purple Pieman was the box.

A little bit of Strawberry Shortcake trivia: Purple Pieman's main Berry Bird was named Captain Cackle.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

This is vintage 1964 GiJoe related.... and a nit picky early scarce variation that was thrilled to get.

I was at Disneyworld with my son last month and we ran back to our hotel for a little bit of a break from the Disney Star Wars weekends that was going on and also from the heat. We had a great time by the way!

While in the room I fired up my laptop to look at some emails and thought I would check ebay as well. I saw this listing and had to do a double take and did the buy it now as fast as I could. See if your eagle eyes can see what I saw...

Look at the small radio in the tray....

So the waiting began, will the purchase get cancelled, will the seller never send it, will FedEx lose it etc...

Well it showed up a week later, and two of the "best" items are pictured below. The rest of the Joes and accessories are very nice, oddly the footlocker had been completely repainted at some point, which is strange. Also aside from the cloth medic pouch, not too much else is very early 1964, but I can't complain!

The cloth medic pouch is early, the later issues were plastic, but you can find those pretty easily.

But..... the green camo radio you see is the early "salesman's sample" (Toy Fair) camo radio. It's called the salesman's sample as those were the earliest items that Hasbro produced. Typically those were samples that were taken around to the different stores to sell the idea of GiJoe action figures to the owners of the stores.

This green camo radio was also found pictured on the decal inside the wooden footlockers as seen below.

This one came from the original owner. No other salesman sample early items were in the collection, so I assume this was came carded as it has two small pin holes on the lid which is typical for these when they were attached to the card.

Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Congrats, and good eye! This is something I would have been blissfully ignorant about if I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎