Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Killer scores Werewolf and skid! And Werewolf, I completely agree on Yoda. The vintage Kenner figure is by far the best Yoda figure ever.

Comment

• acrovader
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I think the vocal minority AFA investor type collector would go bat spit crazy. But, I personally think, most everyone else would be happy to see the classic figures again on the shelves. I'd certainly welcome it. Old favorites plus all the unreleased Droids and Ewoks would be awesome. Throw in some never before made figures like Tarkin in the Kenner style too. I think it would be a big hit.
      It might've been the mid 1990's that Kenner released a 4-pack of vintage SW figures. Included in the set was Vader, Chewbacca, and two more.. I think ANH Luke, and ANH Leia. It sold at TRU and I bought mine there for something like $20. Unfortunately, I sold it a couple years later to a collector's toy store for about the same amount I purchased it.

That being said, I don't think rereleasing the classic Kenner figures would hurt the market that bad. It seems that Star Wars figures only have any value if they are on their original cards, and even at that, really only in mint condition.
      Last edited by acrovader; Mar 6, '14, 5:44 PM.
      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

It also looks like Hasbro is releasing some figures in the classic 5-point articulation. I think I saw some prequels figures at the store done in the retro Kenner articulation.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by acrovader
          It might've been the mid 1990's that Kenner released a 4-pack of vintage SW figures. Included in the set was Vader, Chewbacca, and two more..
          Plus small head Han and blond SW Luke. I love that 4 pack. I was always disappointed they didn't do more. At the very least a full set of the first 12.

That being said, I don't think rereleasing the classic Kenner figures would hurt the market that bad.
          Other than people possibly not getting away with AFAing loose Rancor Keepers or Lobots anymore, I really couldn't see it effecting the vintage toys a whole lot.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

It would make it a whole lot easier to collect for those of use wanting to start out on them and arent a fan of all the other versions out on the market right now. They've made it confusing.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Plus small head Han and blond SW Luke. I love that 4 pack. I was always disappointed they didn't do more. At the very least a full set of the first 12.
              I too loved the 4 pack. That set took a beating from the collector community. I picked up an extra set at a street fair last year for 5 bucks. Good stuff, and always fun to have a minty vintage figure.

Comment

• mightyquinn
                Proud to be a Nerd
                • Aug 4, 2009

Great pick up skid14. He looks great!
                Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• kisstour03
                  • Feb 28, 2014

Those TRU 4 packs cause a 50/50 split any time they are mentioned on a vintage SW forum. Some say they're fine and don't hurt anything. Others have a fit because they are a danger to being scammed on Ebay because unless you can see the COO or have something in the pic for scale (the newer ones are shorter) you'll get ripped off paying for vintage and get this modern "crap".
                  Toys and comics. My house isn't big enough. It's an addiction.

Comment

• EK
                    • Mar 6, 2014

I just picked up this book on Ebay. Pretty awesome if you are into vintage Evel Knievel toys.

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Added this to my somewhat neglected Star Wars collection..

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

That's nice Mike, I remember getting that one as a kid.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by VintageMike
                          Added this to my somewhat neglected Star Wars collection..
                          Nice!
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Such a perfectly designed card with the blue color scheme. Makes the orange really pop.

Comment

• Fitski
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 19, 2013

I've been neglectful in posting pics of some thing my brothers and I have been picking up the last few weekends...here's a few pics....1st up is the Pulsar Life Systems Center!

Here is a radio controlled Takara Star Wars R2-D2 that shoots discs! (when working!!) Does anyone know how to get these guys working again??

Popy Spider-Man! Thanks to Brian for posting this in the auction watch I snagged it quick when I saw it, super cool looking figure

Picked up a Snake Mountain Playset and a Castle Grey Skullskull, both 100% complete although the Castle Greyskull box has a piece of tape over a hole in the front.

Ahoy Mego Matey's Its the USS Flagg! I wanted one of these pretty bad when I was a kid, probably would have tried putting it in the pool....this has 2 pieces missing that i'm picking up this weekend then it will be 100% Complete

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Whoa, great pick ups man! Alas, my Takara R2 doesn't work either, and seems to be in unplayed with condition like yours is. Maybe the motors just seize up on these or something? Mine still displays great, and that's why I bought him, but just once I would have liked to have him rolling around, shooting discs everywhere...oh well...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎