Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drain
    megos are yummy
    • Jun 10, 2007

Just got an upgraded version of my Remco McDonald Land Playset. This one still has the Brown Accessary Box. Fine condition loose but complete Mayor McCheese,Big Mac, Hamburglar, Professor, Ronald McDonald, Grimace. I need to still find a complete Captain Crook and I need to upgrade my Ronald and possible grimace
    Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by haggis
      I have to blame Mr. palitoy and plaidstallions for sending me the card that reminded me of the existence of these(the first action figures I ever owned at age 5 and probably the only ones I had forgotten about). Now I'm on the hunt to own them again:

Thanks Brick!
      those look great
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• haggis
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 17, 2008

Thanks! I was happy to get them. Now back to regularly-scheduled MEGO hunting....
        No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I did not want to branch out on collecting, but as a kid I always wanted the Gabriel Long Ranger figures and never had any....soooo, I snagged Butch Cavendish and the Lone Ranger complete except for LR mask for like $22.00....couldn't resist the price and they are really cool...now I have to get Tonto...damn it's becoming another collection after all

Comment

• GovernmentIssueJoseph
            • May 5, 2009

I've got a vintage Mattel "Strange Change Machine"--but I'm having trouble tracking down the carded "time capsules" of the extra creatures.

Always wondered what direction Mattel would have taken the line if they hadn't 86'd it......

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

I attended Wonderfest in Louisville this past Saturday and spent most of my time haunting the dealer's room. I picked up the following items there:

This is a Mattel "Battlestar Galactica" Muffit the Daggit pullstring talker, still in working condition.

A carded Imperial "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" bendy Alien. The card's kinda rough, but I used to have one of these I bought new at the local Ben Franklins back in the day.

Here's a pair of 1976 King Kong drinking glasses. I bought the subway car glass at Wonderfest. I picked up the Kong Vs Snake glass a few months ago at an antique mall.
              George
              Last edited by ramsey37; May 20, '09, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• kennermike
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 4, 2007

I love the close encounters bendy have been looking for one myself

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Neat-o stuff George!

After years of trying, I managed a deal on an eagle eyed Joe:
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                    To Fear is Not Logical...
                    • Feb 17, 2008

That Daggit looks to be in great condition. I just picked up a lot of the 3 3/4 inch battlestar figures in used condition. I don't know why...it just might be that I just grew up with the figures like this: CAH, SW, etc. But I like the less is more style of articulation. The figures just seem more solid to me.
                    It's all good!

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

NICE Eagle Eye figure! When I started looking for Joes again back in late 80s the 1st thing I found was a Eagle Eye Joe.

Now all you have to do is find the ultra rare red head Eagle Eye MIP I'm convinced they show up in Canada more than anywhere else, so the odds are in your favor.

Comment

• DCSTING
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 23, 2004

Brian....you are on a carded Adventure team roll!!! Congrats! Very nice addition.

Comment

• DCSTING
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 23, 2004

George, nice pick ups as well...love those Kong glasses...those bring back memories.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                            That Daggit looks to be in great condition. I just picked up a lot of the 3 3/4 inch battlestar figures in used condition. I don't know why...it just might be that I just grew up with the figures like this: CAH, SW, etc. But I like the less is more style of articulation. The figures just seem more solid to me.
                            Totally agree, I love the "Functionality" of 3 3/4" figures as well.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ramsey37
                              • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                              The dealer I purchased Muffit from said he was glad to see him go, because he was tired of yelling at people for messing with the pullstring all the time I'd been wanting one for quite awhile, but they always seemed to go higher than I wanted to pay on eBay. This was the first time I'd actually seen one in the wild.
                              I don't recall owning any BG toys as a kid, but I do remember seeing a large display of them at the local Ben Franklins back in the 70's. I always liked the Ovion and Imperious Leader figures from that line.
                              George

Comment

• haggis
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 17, 2008

My latest acquisitions will be quite familiar to most around here but I'm very happy to have them:

The Klingons and Action Jackson came from the resident MEGO Museum 'casemaster,' Nayrbgo, the CAH Superman in the bag from ebay and sitting at the end is a prototype Green Goblin(from the recent Spiderman Classics line by Hasbro? I know it doesn't really qualify as a classic toy but I just kind of liked the look of it and it was already in the photo) from a recent toy show.
                                Last edited by haggis; May 24, '09, 5:27 PM.
                                No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎