• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by rche
    Hiya folks,

The three in the middle (Pogo, Albert, and Beauregard) were family items that I plucked from a cabinet we kept toys in at the homestead family house before it went to estate sale land. I have recently added the rest of the pogo characters and some cups to fill out the lineup. I'm still looking for a Howland and Churchy cup.

I have fond memories of playing with Pogo and his pals as a kid when we visited our great aunties. I doubt the toys saw much use other than that; They came out of packages of soap and I would suppose my GAs kept them around for us kids as I doubt they would have had much use for them otherwise.
    I have those Pogo figures too, I am just looking for a nice Beauregard Hound, most on e-bay have paint loss and are too expensive.

There is an e-bay auction up now for a Howl Cup and Gator Cup, but the howland cup has some warning to the name on the cup.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Hmm, I do believe I spy a Little People Mini Bus in the corner of that pic
      Oh yeah. We do the little peoples around here as well. Tho I don't go for minty ones as they get played with by my own little peoples. That particular bus came in a lot with a well used Sesame St brownstone and FPLP Family house. The two playsets were pretty well loved up, but that bus was unused. Had a wooden body mom and girl in it as well in very good shape, possibly unused. A nice surprise.

I dig the castle, we just got all the players for it, but no playset. Speaking of shipping issues; Those folks also came in a big lot and the castle beds leaked foam all over the rest of the toys in the box. That is some gooey stuff. Mental note to ask that the beds be bagged separately next go around.

Someone posted a gigantonormous collection of FPLP playsets and LPs awhile back. Was that you, Grayhank? I like looking at folks collections of the FPLP stuff. They had some really cool things.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

The FP castle is a classic! Nice to see you back grayhank!

Comment

• grayhank
          That Fisher Price Guy
          • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by rche
          Someone posted a gigantonormous collection of FPLP playsets and LPs awhile back. Was that you, Grayhank? I like looking at folks collections of the FPLP stuff. They had some really cool things.
          Was probably me, unless there is somebody else here ALSO into the Little Peeps!

It's near impossible to get original foam on any of the beds. Any sets that still have it usually end up like you describe... leaking dusty dried up foam particles all over the place. Canned air works best for cleaning up the dust otherwise it can drive you crazy trying to clean it.
          Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by stretchandro
            The FP castle is a classic! Nice to see you back grayhank!
            Thanks!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Very jealous of that castle.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• grayhank
                That Fisher Price Guy
                • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                Very jealous of that castle.

I've got one that I'm currently doing a small restoration on which I planned on Ebay listing. It will be 100% complete with new foam on the beds, no box though. If you are interested in it Brian, just let me know and I'll hold back from putting it on the block. I can send you pictures once I've finished. I've also got some other sets currently listed like the Camper set which I have just restored. Just click on my Ebay link to check them out.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

I never had the castle when I was a kid, but I knew someone that did. When I first saw it, I thought it was the coolest FP playset ever (still do). Whenever we visited, it was the first thing I headed for. Classic toy.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by grayhank
                    I've got one that I'm currently doing a small restoration on which I planned on Ebay listing. It will be 100% complete with new foam on the beds, no box though. If you are interested in it Brian, just let me know and I'll hold back from putting it on the block. I can send you pictures once I've finished. I've also got some other sets currently listed like the Camper set which I have just restored. Just click on my Ebay link to check them out.
                    Thanks but I think I best not "go there" anytime soon. If the kids were just a bit younger I could justify sneaking that sucker in here but lately I've been on a real crazy binge.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                      • Jan 22, 2008

It would make a nice Plaid Stallions card sometime in the future though.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by stretchandro
                        It would make a nice Plaid Stallions card sometime in the future though.
                        Yeah they are overdue

Comment

• Neutron X
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 22, 2007

I have a fondness for little people. I hope to find a cheap bed and refrigerator one day. I used them for a Freakie Cereal Monster playset I made back in 1970s in an old Cigar box.

Comment

• Sowth
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 14, 2006

A few super hero odds and ends over the last few weeks:

'67 Marx Spidey

A&BC chewy badges from the UK.

And finally one I've wanted for ages but didn't want to pay too much for...

A sure sign that Batman licensing had reached saturation point :-)

Check out what happens if you don't pay your bills under point 3!

I believe these were printed with the intention of issuing them as actual credit cards, but DC nixed it and they were dumped en masse.

Cheers,
                            Will
                            Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Love the Marx Spidey!

Comment

• haggis
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 17, 2008

I have to blame Mr. palitoy and plaidstallions for sending me the card that reminded me of the existence of these(the first action figures I ever owned at age 5 and probably the only ones I had forgotten about). Now I'm on the hunt to own them again:

Thanks Brick!
                                No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎