Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Nice grab Tim...it's on my wish list too...

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

the artwork on that is awesome!!

Comment

• Sowth
        Career Member
        • Mar 14, 2006

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
        Just in from Australia it's the 1977 Palitoy Marvel Superhero Game. Not much of a game but I love the artwork!
        A-ha! I wondered where that one went

Congrats! A really tough piece and in what looked to be schmick condition. I was watching it from day one, I knew I should have asked the seller for a BIN dagnamit. When she ended it I gave her a hard time, which is very unlike me, I asked if it was going to be relisted, her response "No" lol, told her I was gunna bid well over a $100 on it etc, "wah wah" etc, she didn't reply.

So well done Tim, I tip my hat to you sir, snaffling a prize from right under my very nose here in Oz, well played Good to see it go to a great home.

Will
        Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Funny how that one worked out. I contacted her and only asked if it had all the pieces and for a picture of the back of it. She got back with me and answered my questions but also asked me if I worked for Marvel. Why I have no idea, anyway she went on to tell me she used to work for for a guy who worked for Marvel doing some sort of online announcements. Maybe on Twitter or some other site. I asked for a shipping quote and when she got back to me she asked what I'd give for it. I told her and she agreed. I kind of thought I was being taken because she came back and asked for more money saying the shipping quote was wrong and it would be more but I still agreed. Got it in yesterday and felt bad because she was honest and the shipping did turn out to be much higher than she first said.
          I'm still thrilled to have it and do hope there are no hard feelings from you or anyone else that was looking at it. I didn't actively pursue a BIN but kind of lucked into it. Usually it's the other way around for me as I'm the one waiting to throw in a bid and it gets taken from underneath me.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

picked up some fun, old paper items:

1951 Flash Gordon Christmas Card

and the inside

DC Comics Bread Stickers

and the rest.

I have some duplicates of the stickers, that I'll be offering up in the near future. If you collect, hit me up with ones you're looking for, and I'll let you know if I have 'em!
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Sowth
              Career Member
              • Mar 14, 2006

I'm still thrilled to have it and do hope there are no hard feelings from you or anyone else that was looking at it. I didn't actively pursue a BIN but kind of lucked into it. Usually it's the other way around for me as I'm the one waiting to throw in a bid and it gets taken from underneath me.
              Tim you don't have anything to defend or apologise for, quite the opposite! I just re-read my post and I see that it does read like I'm something other than delighted for you, that's not the case and I'm sorry because I think I lessened your enjoyment of landing that one and then sharing it here.

Anyone that's been around here for a while knows you are a gentleman, couldn't have gone to a better bloke.

Will
              Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

It's all good Will and you didn't say anything wrong at all. Maybe it was hearing that you wanted it as bad as I did that made me feel a little guilty that you didn't get a shot at it. If I ever decide to move it I know exactly who to go to
                Here's one pile of stuff I've picked up lately.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Y'know, I love that people collect things like the rack toy guns, and stuff. But they're only ever any good MOC. Because rarely the toy itself has anything to do with the character at all!

I just couldn't bring myself to collect stuff like that, My collecting has to be character-related, but I'm glad there are people out there who are passionate about that kind of stuff!, and I always love seeing collections of it together.

I'd do the Halloween costumes, because they just bring back a lot of memories, but the pistol/badge and dart gun sets are just so left-field that it tickles me they exist, but I'd never need to add something like that to my personal collection.

though I did buy a big plastic Captain America Shield, because I was too cheap to buy the metal one.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                    Web Wobbler
                    • May 12, 2007

Wow, Tim!! That's an amazing shot!! The BC Red Skull costume is the coolest. Very jealous of the boxed Spidey Freezicles. What else you got in that room?
                    Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                    Good Trader List

Comment

• Surfsup
                      Silver Chrome Dome
                      • Dec 2, 2005

Blimey Tim! That is a gorgeous haul, with some lovely packaging; you have fantastic taste. Congrats!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, what a haul! That's some awesome stuff! Did the Kotter set come w/ a record? And I want a Superhero popsicle!
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• kennermike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 4, 2007

It's all good Will and you didn't say anything wrong at all. Maybe it was hearing that you wanted it as bad as I did that made me feel a little guilty that you didn't get a shot at it. If I ever decide to move it I know exactly who to go to

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/1/9/items3.jpg
                          holy smokes Tim!

Comment

• kennermike
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 4, 2007

2 new items I just Picked up
                            http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/1/2/4/1/001.JPG

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 27, 2009

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/1/9/items3.jpg
                              LOVE it!!! If you ever want to sell those Spidey Freezicles let me know, I'll pay through the roof for them. And love the BC Red Skull costume. Nothing like sending your kid out as a Nazi for Halloween...gulp!
                              If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                                Career Member
                                • Nov 27, 2009

I've got a lot of stuff in lately but it's all in a pile on the floor. I'm hoping to re-do my toyroom this summer so I can display it properly and take some pics until then here's a piece that I got in yesterday. Kind of a small grail of mine and been trying to pick one up for a couple of years now. Just in from Australia it's the 1977 Palitoy Marvel Superhero Game. Not much of a game but I love the artwork!

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...litoygame2.JPG
                                I also have this game. It really does look cool. I love how the Hulk figure is a signature Jack Kirby drawing. I don't even have a clue how to play it.
                                If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎