Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evel KMego
    Museum Daredevil
    • Apr 26, 2006

Some very nice stuff there Mr. Jefferys!

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Thanks!

Comment

• chunky B
        Museum Eclectic Collector
        • Apr 9, 2009

This was just handed to me at work! Straight from 1978 to my hands...

Comment

• Evel KMego
          Museum Daredevil
          • Apr 26, 2006

The only thing I ever get handed to me at work is a list of stuff to do!!!!

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by chunky B
            This was just handed to me at work! Straight from 1978 to my hands...

http://www.studiohowell.com/blogimag...fieldVM_01.jpg
            that's awesome
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• chunky B
              Museum Eclectic Collector
              • Apr 9, 2009

Originally posted by Evel KMego
              The only thing I ever get handed to me at work is a list of stuff to do!!!!
              LOL, I get that too.

Originally posted by toys2cool
              that's awesome
              Thanks! I shot some more pics for my blog of the different sides, you can check them out here.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

After a long lull, I've started working on my Shogun Warriors collection again, and picked up a Daimos Mattel version Jumbo Machinder (the original Japanese Popy version is infinitely cooler but this one will have to do until I win the lottery). The box is far from perfect (really hard to get near mint boxes for these guys!) but the figure is pretty nice (the chest decal is ok, that's just the camera flash). He only came with one missile, but Will/Sowth is looking for a couple more for me. An original price tag is still on the box. The price? $8.99! Ouch, I wish!

And this isn't vintage, but anyone who likes Japanese robots might be interested in this: a 17" (to the tips of his horns) vinyl Gaiking made by Most Wanted, a Hong Kong, not Japanese company. I got him on ebay for $35 shipped from the US distributor. They still has more in stock if anyone's curious. I'm a sucker for big Japanese robot toys (especially Gaiking, one of my favourites) so I couldn't resist this guy.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

I just got a lot in that helped to complete my scruffy Remco McDonald folks. The pick of the litter were the Grimace and the complete Hamburgler (tho he was in pieces in the box). Those just happened to be the two I was missing.

Interestingly, the Hamburgler head is a different material and softer than the Remco items I already had. In fact, all the items that were in the lot I pulled G and HB from had larger and softer heads with less detail in the paint op. Anybody know about variants in the Remco McD line?

Comment

• megoat
                    A Therefore Experience
                    • Jun 10, 2003

I just found 4 McDonalds dolls this morning at a yard sale! $2! And yes, they are pretty chintzy....

Comment

• kennermike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      After a long lull, I've started working on my Shogun Warriors collection again, and picked up a Daimos Mattel version Jumbo Machinder (the original Japanese Popy version is infinitely cooler but this one will have to do until I win the lottery). The box is far from perfect (really hard to get near mint boxes for these guys!) but the figure is pretty nice (the chest decal is ok, that's just the camera flash). He only came with one missile, but Will/Sowth is looking for a couple more for me. An original price tag is still on the box. The price? $8.99! Ouch, I wish!

And this isn't vintage, but anyone who likes Japanese robots might be interested in this: a 17" (to the tips of his horns) vinyl Gaiking made by Most Wanted, a Hong Kong, not Japanese company. I got him on ebay for $35 shipped from the US distributor. They still has more in stock if anyone's curious. I'm a sucker for big Japanese robot toys (especially Gaiking, one of my favourites) so I couldn't resist this guy.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~ephemera_japan/gaiking.jpg
                      all I can say Chris is wow!!!

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                        I've always kind of liked those McD figures but never realized how chintzy the bodies are until I got a naked Ronald in a lot. Not much articulation at all. Still look cool though. I had the chance at a MIB one but of course it was the ONLY one I really don't care for...the Professor. ANY other one I would've jumped on!
                        Rich
                        IMO the rotating head thing more than makes up for the lack of elbow and knee joints. You can do some crazy puppetry with those hamburgers. YES

Comment

• kennermike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 4, 2007

we cant let this thread die anybody have cool pictures of recent purchases?

Comment

• Sowth
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 14, 2006

Nice REMCO Maccas figures there :-)

And Chris I will find those missles for you *someday* They are in deep, deep storage and shouldn't really be too hard to find, they were in a cardboard box, it was brown and squarish, I'm almost certain of it.

I've picked up a few things recently both online and in the real world, some are upgrades to existing figures and some were tag-alongs from an auction lot or two and won't be guests in my collection for long, I'm not saying which ones though out of sheer embarrasment :-) All are mint never-removed-from-insert figures, most of the boxes had their tape split.

From the shame files:

Yes we really want to hurt you...

Dynomite! And cuddly:

I've got nothing here. Let's move on!

Looks like he's just sat on something large and prickly:

But he is minty!

Now we're talking! Crispy Toltoys Action Man Sharpshooter Eagle Eye:

Unused 12" Kenner Ben:

Halp! I'm stuck!

Tough to find with unused catalogue and Kenner "We Really Do Care" leaflet folded in, all still in place!

NRFB Toltoys Leia is an upgrade:

Toltoys stickered SMDM:

Toltoys stickered Bionic Woman:

And finally the one I'm most excited about, Major Matt Mason's mental friend from Jupiter himself, Callisto. Nice ebay deal:

I love Toltoys stuff but there's a great charm about Matt Mason that makes me want to go after them as a long term project.

Cheers!
                            Will
                            Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• toysforlife
                              Banned
                              • Aug 17, 2009

I really liked that Toltoys etch a sketch you picked up. It was cheap too. I need to start checking out the AU ebay myself .

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

My Goodness Will, you've been extremely busy, great stuff!
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎