• SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

That Chewbacca is really cute.

Comment

• tomstoyz2
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2, 2007

I just got some Batman Band-Aids from Sweden, a Batman Candy Sticks Box from the UK ( 1989 movie ), & a set of 1960's Japanese Batman Cards.

Oh yeah, I love those Freakies Cereal Figures!!
      CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
      BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
      Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
        Web Wobbler
        • May 12, 2007

A few off my recent purchases...

Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
        Good Trader List

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 1, 2005

Only "vintage" type toy I've bought lately was a 1982 G.I. Joe Breaker, straight armed and complete on a partially opened 9-back card. I'm all gettin' into this Joe thing lately, help! haha I started collecting the 25th anniversary figures and now it's got me buying carded originals!!

Comment

• goldenryan
            coy member
            • Jul 13, 2007

that spidey playset is hard to find, congrads

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

Some very nice scores you guys.
              I love the freakies (how many did they make?), I could really see myself getting addicted to collecting the cereal premiums and small trinket like toys from cracker jack , gumball machines etc.
              I also love the Rushton clown, you should use the bottom picture as your avatar. I picked up an old mint Rushton marching band leader awhile back, it goes with my "other" collection (the one I keep secret that includes Rushton's, Steif's and Dakin's, Big eyed prints of kids, kitties, and puppies, and anything that is generally really cute and vintage)
              Speaking of becoming addicted to collecting, those rack toys I'm seeing on here bring back a ton of memories and would be really fun to try and track down. But, one obsession at a time, and right now I'm obsessing over ahi, lincolns, tomlands and knock offs in general.
              And the biggest monster toys I can find.
              Hopefully people will keep adding to this thread, I for one love seeing what people are picking up and hearing where and how much etc.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                Time to feed the cat
                • Dec 30, 2007

I just picked up a Barnabas Collins game. I paid $15.00, probably to much, it was complete and the skeletons you build glow in the dark.Kinda cool I thought

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by stretchandro
                  Some very nice scores you guys.
                  I love the freakies (how many did they make?).
                  There's seven characters in all. They did alot of premiums for the characters during the cereal's short existence, including magnets, race cars, boats, iron-ons, etc.
                  Originally posted by stretchandro
                  I also love the Rushton clown, you should use the bottom picture as your avatar. I picked up an old mint Rushton marching band leader awhile back, it goes with my "other" collection (the one I keep secret that includes Rushton's, Steif's and Dakin's, Big eyed prints of kids, kitties, and puppies, and anything that is generally really cute and vintage)
                  I've always had a passion for plush toys. I'd actively collect Steiff if they weren't so darned expensive. One nice thing about the rotten economy is that it makes some of the more common Steiff pieces alot easier to afford. I still overpaid a bit for the four animals in my original post, but I was so excited to actually find Steiff toys in a little antique mall in Shepherdsville, KY that I grabbed the best examples they had on hand. I left several animals behind that were just too beat up to justify the price tags. I also spotted a Schuco cat in one of the cases there but it was a little too rich for my blood right now.
                  I found the clown on eBay recently. A clown collector was dumping her collection and she had the Rushton in a mixed lot with a couple of junky pieces for a very reasonable Buy It Now, so I had to grab it. I'd like to get a Rushton Santa for my Christmas display this year.
                  George
                  Last edited by ramsey37; Feb 23, '09, 6:42 PM.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Love the Freakies figures. While I have a set of the balloon cars and boats I've never got the figures or magnets. Congrats on all the great stuff.

Comment

• Drain
                      megos are yummy
                      • Jun 10, 2007

Not much of a score but I just got a Mattel Flash Gordon White Mailer Box with black outline drawings of the figures inside from Sears, (Flash Gordon, Thun, Capt Arak, Dragon Woman) empty but in almost mint condition. From what I remember Sears only offered in one christmas and toy catalog. I guess I will have to look for the other one (Ming, Zarkov, Beastman, Vultan). All I need now to finish my Mattle Flash Gordon set is Vultan and a loose backer card that shows all 8 figures form Series 1 and 2.
                      Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• ramsey37
                        • Jun 18, 2001

I recently picked up a pair of Ideal Mini Monsters dolls. These are Wolfie and Frankie. Ideal released these in the 1960's and they are rather obviously based on Eddie and Herman Munster:

There's a larger pic here:

I'd been wanting Frankie for quite awhile, and I finally got lucky on eBay last week. I picked up my Wolfie awhile back from a member of the UMA. Wolfie is wearing a repro outfit and is missing his hat and books. Frankie is wearing repro shoes but is otherwise complete and in nice shape.
                        George

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Those are really cool George, I've never seen them before.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            • Jan 22, 2008

Love the new monster pick up Ramsey, aren't there two more in the series?
                            I thought I remember seeing others on eBay at one time.
                            They're two dolls that I would have no problem putting with my action figures
                            Thanks for remembering this thread, I'm sure lots of people here have picked up interesting toys and figured nobody here would be interested in hearing about them.
                            WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR RECENT NON-MEGO CLASSIC TOY PICK UPS!!!!!!.
                            I haven't been finding much of anything at the thrift shops lately but on eBay and the Mego Marketplace I've picked up, in no specific order:

vintage 70's boxed Henshin Cyborg Android A, vintage loose 70's Henshin Cyborg w/ Manzinga outfit, Kamen Rider outfit, and Casshern(sp?) outfit.
                            an outfit for the 8" Shonen Cyborg.
                            a wack load of AHI monsters from Megolover(joseph) WHO IS ONE HELL OF AN AWESOME DUDE!!!
                            1 Tomland "Zing" from underdogDJLSW,
                            1 carded Tomland "Zing" should be in the mail from Tothiro.
                            1 carded Tomland "Dagon" off ebay.
                            Rudy's Tomland "Cyclops".
                            a AJ knock-off called "Capt. Eagle" from Narybgo + two spidey suits (Thanks again bro)
                            a boxed AJ from a flea market. $5 + 2 loose POTA's
                            I should be getting one of Toystalker's Batman "mego nots",as well as a boxed Power Lords Beast Machine, in the mail in the next week or so.
                            1 carded Mego Star Trek "Keeper" ((legs blown out, strange purchase I'm not sure why I did). OK I realize I'm listing this with my NMCT's but what ev's.
                            Also picked up the HUGE, I mean HUGE robot called a "Emigilo".MASSIVE, dumb really.
                            I'm probably forgetting something. But you get the idea.

so, if you have any classic toys pick up's lately post them here. We'd love to hear about them.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                              • Jan 22, 2008

I forgot the sideshow apes from Apes3978 and the AHI Frankie from Luey.
                              Thanks once again everybody, everything arrived safe, sound and pretty darned fast too!!

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

I'd love to see pics of the vintage Henshin Cyborg stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎