Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Panda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 7, 2012

Hey Shazam7208...Your missing harleyquinn from your little superheros set...if you need her let me know!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Awesome. That Rom is spectacular, and those glasses & mirrors are great.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• shazam7208
        Career Member
        • Oct 28, 2008

Hey Peter Panda, your right, she has been the only one I couldn't find! I'll PM you!
        Last edited by shazam7208; Jul 7, '12, 6:34 AM. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

Those Batgirl Under-roos are so awesome. My wife wanted to get some Wonder Woman Under-Roos for our daughter until she looked them up on ebay and saw an unopened pack sell for $200. She hasnt mentioned them since.

Comment

• wilbs518
            Mego Collector
            • Jul 25, 2009

Nice stuff! The thermal underoos are too cool!
            sigpic

Comment

• shazam7208
              Career Member
              • Oct 28, 2008

Here is another cool pick up I found today...1978 Knickerbocker Superman Plush.

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

I've been considering picking up a ROM for sometime now and not sure if I ever will. Back when I was a kid, one of my neighborhood friends older brother had a ROM. But I never owned one as a child. Looking at the toy as an adult collector, it's too clunky and bland looking. I'm sure I'd feel entirely different if I owned one as a child. But the toy is kind of weird, in the sense it had thin arms, not much in the way of articulation, and webbed feet. If the opportunity ever presents itself, and at the "right price", I just might bite the bullet and pick one up.
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah ROM isn't the greatest toy design in the world and I never owned one as a child either. But in my case, I was an avid reader of the comic, so I guess my nostalgia stems more from that and therefore I'd like to pick up this toy someday.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                    70's Era Pimp
                    • Sep 7, 2011

I picked this up yesterday. The figures are approx 2" tall. I just loved the look.

Comment

• acrovader
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2011

Recently picked up a long-lost toy of years past. I remember getting him at Woolworth, but he broke soon thereafter, then got lost to time. The only reminder of his existence was his shield. I must've been 5 or 6 when Mom bought this for me. Nonetheless, I'm glad to have found him online. I think I paid too much for him. But it's nearly impossible to find SpaceWar toys, let alone loose, complete, and in excellent condition. Not featured in the picture is the 'mechanical arm' and gun. I also got 'R2D2' from this line last Christmas.

SpaceWar 'Darth Vader' by Arco.

DSC01352.jpg
                      Last edited by acrovader; Jul 10, '12, 12:56 AM.
                      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

VERY cool acrovader!

Comment

• shazam7208
                          Career Member
                          • Oct 28, 2008

Picked these up some time ago, but just got them framed, they aren't toys, but....the original 1970's Thought Factory posters of Shazam and Wonder Woman...I get to add them to my set with Captain America and Superman!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                            • Jan 22, 2008

Today I picked up a Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets PVC figure set, made by Yujin, but I'm unsure when it was made. the date 1980 is above the UPC but somehow I dont think it's that old. I paid $20, seemed like a decent deal ($4 per figurine).

Also picked up a boxed Visionaries Dagger Assault, other than I think it might have had a figure include, it looks to be complete and in very nice shape. pretty rough box at one end, but at $20 hopefully I can make some money off of it. seems like it might be a tough piece of the line to get? a couple of MIB ones just went for nearly three bills.

Finally added a Mattel Blippy to my collection for $10.

also a complete Rattle Me Bones pirate/skeleton game from the 80's for $5. a nice 80's Cricket (the spooky talking one) doll for $3, a carded talkboy (3rd ed.) for $3.

Last week I found a vintage "science Fair" Lie Detector which I thought was pretty cool. In a mixed bag of thrift toys I got a Lego Harry Potter Fluffy, Wicket ewok from the Ewoks cartoon series, a Gi Joe AT jet pack, about a dozen nude Jem dolls for $1 each, some 80's MLP playsets, some 50's board games with some sweet looking dick and Jane type illustrations.
                            Last edited by 4NDR01D; Jul 25, '12, 7:55 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by shazam7208
                              Picked these up some time ago, but just got them framed, they aren't toys, but....the original 1970's Thought Factory posters of Shazam and Wonder Woman...I get to add them to my set with Captain America and Superman!

Where did you get the frames for these? I have all 8 in the set I need framed. I love these posters.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megojim
                                Permanent Member
                                • Oct 13, 2001

Very excited to have just picked this up! One of my grails!
                                Attached Files
                                My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎