Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 145150155160165168169170171172 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1713

Thread: Any new classic toy aquisitions?

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^A somewhat-maligned figure, but I got one recently and put the head on a Joe muscle body. Rather spiffy.
    They're maligned, because they were made by Hasbro to continue a cheap 12" military line. If they wanted a 12" military line, why not just go back to gi joe, but Noooooooo, they made Joe the 9" Super Joe instead and then sold these guys that look like cheap rack toy knock offs.

Images
    The Defenders were sold concurrently with late-issue AT. They were military-themed and designed to eat into Hasbro's knock-off competition. It was a throwaway line, but still had some decent pieces and cross-sell appeal.

Super-Joe came later, after GIJ-AT had ended. It was considered first to continue Joe as a 10" line, that was why the Intruders were shorter, but this was abandoned. Many of these reconsiderations had to do with oil and plastic prices in the '70s.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I've never seen these before. The smaller bats uses the Secret wars mold and the taller ones look mego size.
    s-l400.jpg

Images
    The bootleg Bats figures are both blow molds The smaller one is the SW Cap I'm not sure about the mego size one.
    IMG_20180309_103815779.jpg

Images
    The 1:43 scale Supervan I had to pickup.IMG_20180315_232504965.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is very cool with great artwork, love anything Superman collectible, thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure how old something has to be to be classic, but I picked up a couple of carded action figures at the charity auction for the Hero Initiative at Gem City Comic COn this afternoon. For $15 I got 3 figures...

the Wildcat figure from the Chemo build a figure wave of DC heroes

a Total Justice Black Lightning figure...

the third was a Mortal Kombat figure- Raiden, but I was never into Mortal Kombat, so know nothing about this one, but it was part of the lot. I'll eventually find it a new home.

-M

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    That is very cool with great artwork, love anything Superman collectible, thanks for sharing.
    Thank you , I think I only paid $20 for that van.
    I've been finding alot of good deals lately $10 for Batman 1989 lot and The Defenders doll was under $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    Thank you , I think I only paid $20 for that van.
    Great deal on the van. Love all things Corgi.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Images
    Found these at Books A Million surprisingly enough.

Both issues of the Marvel adaption of Dragonslayer and issue 2 of Last Starfighter. They were only $2 each. Not an awesome find like you guys come across. But I never find anything in the wild and I was shocked to find comics that old at retail. Plus I love the movie Dragonslayer.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 3, '18 at 8:12 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...