Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Got a clean Aquaman, just missing the gloves s-l400.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
      Got a clean Aquaman, just missing the gloves [ATTACH=CONFIG]22120[/ATTACH]
      Nice pick up, besides his gloves, don't forget his "A" belt sticker.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I've been playing internationally of late… so many good things come from far away!

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

Niiiiiice Pick ups!

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Nice Japanese Time of the Apes stuff!

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Picked up a loose Flash Gordon from the 1979 line based on the Filmation animated series...

he'll join the loose Ming I have from the same series.

I was in a Flash Gordon mood, as I also picked up this...

that I used to have as a kid, bought at a Scholastic book fair in grade school, but which had been lost in a move,

and a stack of classic Flash Gordon comics...

plus a more recent attempt to do Flash by Ardden Entertainment (the OGN was only $1 so I gave it a try)

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

I also had that Flash Gordon paperback, acquired in the same way. I *think* it's in a box at my parents' house, and now I need to dig it out next chance I get.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 22, 2011

I've been on a Hot Toys binge lately. I picked up classic Predator, 89 Batman, Dark Knight Bale Batman. All on eBay for under average prices.
                  I also received my Classic Star Trek 1/6 scale Khan and Kirk's Command chair from Quantum Mechanix I pre-ordered.
                  I picked up a few custom mego heads and a custom Janice Rand figure as well.
                  "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Anyone else remember Defenders this one was from Ace hardware.
                    IMG_20180303_115206415.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^A somewhat-maligned figure, but I got one recently and put the head on a Joe muscle body. Rather spiffy.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        ^A somewhat-maligned figure, but I got one recently and put the head on a Joe muscle body. Rather spiffy.
                        They're maligned, because they were made by Hasbro to continue a cheap 12" military line. If they wanted a 12" military line, why not just go back to gi joe, but Noooooooo, they made Joe the 9" Super Joe instead and then sold these guys that look like cheap rack toy knock offs.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

The Defenders were sold concurrently with late-issue AT. They were military-themed and designed to eat into Hasbro's knock-off competition. It was a throwaway line, but still had some decent pieces and cross-sell appeal.

Super-Joe came later, after GIJ-AT had ended. It was considered first to continue Joe as a 10" line, that was why the Intruders were shorter, but this was abandoned. Many of these reconsiderations had to do with oil and plastic prices in the '70s.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

I've never seen these before. The smaller bats uses the Secret wars mold and the taller ones look mego size.
                            s-l400.jpg

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

The bootleg Bats figures are both blow molds The smaller one is the SW Cap I'm not sure about the mego size one.
                              IMG_20180309_103815779.jpg

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

The 1:43 scale Supervan I had to pickup.IMG_20180315_232504965.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎