Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Parts Buying Tips From Museum Members

When it comes to customizing, never keep all your eggs in one basket.
    Order small and have a backup plan.
    Sooner or later, the Custom seller is going to have so much work that the gears break down. The best thing to do is think of the person doing the work and order responsibly.
    That way if something tragic were to happen, you are only out $20 and we don't have any Suicidal Resin pourers out there who got in way over their head.
    Last edited by GUYx1; Feb 11, '09 at 6:51 PM.
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

Images
    The thing that has been most helpful to me is just reading the forums. If a seller is or has been an issue, it doesn't take long to show up in the threads. The community here is great. I am proud to be a part of it.

Images
    I've been very happy with all of my transactions and I think the formula has been reading the forums and if there is any question about "Provider-A's" Service, quietly PM someone who has had previous dealings and politely inquire about their experience.

The Custom Forum is full of posts where someone has put together something awesome and they cite "head by (fill in the blank), suit by (fill in the blank), accessories from (fill in the blank), and box by (fill in the blank). Read enough of those and see the results and a pattern will emerge as to who does awesome work and provides reliable service.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    The thing that has been most helpful to me is just reading the forums. If a seller is or has been an issue, it doesn't take long to show up in the threads. The community here is great. I am proud to be a part of it.
    Thank you. This forum provides great ways to hook up with talented people. This community has shown great effort to allow someone the chance to build (good or bad) their own reputation.
    Last edited by dr_cyclops; Sep 13, '12 at 9:57 AM.

Images
    If you interested in a Custom Figure or head, PM the Customizer personally...you never know if "Big Brother" might be watching.